Since TCF Bank Stadium opened, has your season ticket group grown? shrunk? stayed?

Since TCF Bank Stadium opened, has your season ticket group grown? shrunk? stayed?

• Same size season ticket group since the Air Force opener

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • We've added more to our initial ticket group

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Our group has gotten smaller since the opener four years ago

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • We didn't have season tix when TCF Bank Stadium opened, but we do now

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • We had tickets when the stadium opened, but we don't now

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Since TCF Bank Stadium opened, I'm curious what has happened to your season ticket group. Has it grown? Shrunk? Stayed the same?

We've stayed the same. We actually "unplugged" a wife, and "plugged" in a buddy to take her seat! It's now 6 of us guys!

Have had season tickets since I was a student at the U starting back in '03. Started the first season in TCF with 2 seats. Gradually have added seats and people as we go. Have now increased to 6 total seats. Just got five of them to be consecutive and the final one is a row in front of the rest. Looking forward to getting all 6 together! Hoping for another fun filled, successful season!

Had 4 initially. This year we upgraded to 6, although the 'group' will stay the same, we'll just end up bringing more people along.

I'm curious to those that had season tickets when the stadium opened, but don't now. How come?

I've gone from two to three seats, but during the 2010 season, I was close to not renewing if Brewster wouldn't have been fired. First time as a Gopher fan I nearly lost all hope. Can't wait for this year and MOAR Maryland!

When we heard that a new outdoor stadium was being built, we bought season tickets for the last 2-3 years at the Dome. I was even one of the official ball carriers that carried a football (for 100 yards) from the dome to the ground-breaking at the stadium site. Were any of you GopherHolers also a ball carrier that day?

Increased from 2-4 a couple years ago. Four friends have dropped their tickets since the first year in the stadium. Partly due to kids, but also annoyed by the cheaper price of tickets on the streets.

We started with 7. Now up to 16. Will probably have more next year when a few people move back.

We started with four and added two more last year.

This might be of interest to those thinking about buying season tickets: Our two new members got seats int he lower level right next to ours, even though we had our seats for five years before that. We knew the people next to use were not renewing. After the re-seating was complete, our friends called to see if those seats were still available and they were. So that is possible.

Also, there's one unsold seat at the end of our row. We can be pretty certain that will not be sold as a single, so we can have yet another friend come along and sit with us. We could talk people into doing that on the nice days; not the cold/rainy days.

I had always had 4 in the dome, moved to 5 for the first 3 seasons in TCF, and went back to 4 prior to last season.

So far the same but not without a lot of effort trying to recruit new season ticket holders every chance I get.

We have the same total number but our group disbanded with TCF. We had a large group together at the Dome, but everyone got their own seats based on the points system. My wife and I actually had the most points in our group, so we were like, "See ya!". Our GopherPoints login is Disband. :)

A friend and I went for a few years in the dome and during the first season at TCF he lost interest and I have since moved out of state so there's two fewer butts in the seats now.
I still follow the Gophers from afar however, and am looking fwd to seeing what transpires this season.

Gave up my season tix a couple seasons ago and just buy them on a single game basis. It's usually cheaper and if something comes up I don't have to scramble finding someone to use a my tickets.

From 4 to 2. Kids have moved to different area's. ( Fargo, Duluth, etc. ) Two got married and now we've one grandchild. We do try and get everyone to a Bowl game.

I'm curious to those that had season tickets when the stadium opened, but don't now. How come?

Tickets are always available at a very low cost. Of the 6 tickets our group purchased none of us kept them. Now our group goes to 1 away game and 2-3 home games. We went to the usc and unlv game, and this year we are heading to new mexico. I'm kind of kicking myself now for not keeping the tickets now that maturi is gone, but I kind of enjoy the new schedule we are on.

Tickets are always available at a very low cost. Of the 6 tickets our group purchased none of us kept them. Now our group goes to 1 away game and 2-3 home games. We went to the usc and unlv game, and this year we are heading to new mexico. I'm kind of kicking myself now for not keeping the tickets now that maturi is gone, but I kind of enjoy the new schedule we are on.

You may still regret letting those tickets go. Times are a changing.:rolleyes:

I guess we know how this guy voted. Per Shooter:

A 59-year-old Minneapolis man who has contributed more than $30,000 to the Williams Fund for Gophers athletics over the years said last week he canceled the football season tickets he has held since 1972 because his seats had gotten progressively worse over the years, even though he was willing to pay a $500-per-seat surcharge.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23700515/charley-walters-matt-birk-is-back-helping-vikings

Go Gophers!!

You may still regret letting those tickets go. Times are a changing.:rolleyes:

This has been the slogan for the last decade at least, you can only pay $275 a seat for so long based on hope.

Top Bottom