"Simulating brandishing a weapon" penalty

He certainly didn't simulate brandishing anything, if that were the case he would've pretended to actually draw a weapon from his waistband. He never went beyond lifting his jersey, so displaying a simulated weapon would be the only thing that could qualify. I get the sentiment, and I don't know the rule verbatim, so I don't know if it was the right call or not. If that's what Walley was implying, his actions were in extremely poor taste and judgment and I don't take issue with the call. That's not what I want to see from my leadership figures on the team, and gun violence has been a considerable cause of death among young black males in this country over the past 30+ years.

On that note, there was a guy trying to sell underwear with a fask pouch (in front of course) in the Gold tailgate lot tonight. Told him he needs to go on Shark Tank.

On that note, there was a guy trying to sell underwear with a fask pouch (in front of course) in the Gold tailgate lot tonight. Told him he needs to go on Shark Tank.
He was in the Victory lot for the Rhode Island game. we told him we would've bought the shorts 50+ years ago when we were in college.

Sliding shorts with a nut cup pouch was always my go-to.

80’s - 90’s Miami Hurricanes were behind the creation of this infraction. Learned this watching their HBO 30 for 30 episode.

Last edited:

Yeah, it’s always called now. Drake London got one a couple weeks ago, but I’ve never seen it on anything other than like pretending to shoot a gun. I didn’t even know that celebration was like a fake showing of a holster, I genuinely thought it was like bragging about your abs (which should probably be penalized for being a little weird too).

If they called the penalty for that it's ridiculous...
By definition, I thought brandishing required waiving the gun. Even if he was simulating a weapon, they need to change the name of the penalty to “simulating brandishing or legally carrying a holstered firearm”.

It was more egregious, but they called it in the Cowboys-Broncos game last week:

1728193864014.gif

Yeah, it’s always called now. Drake London got one a couple weeks ago, but I’ve never seen it on anything other than like pretending to shoot a gun. I didn’t even know that celebration was like a fake showing of a holster, I genuinely thought it was like bragging about your abs (which should probably be penalized for being a little weird too).
The Drake London one was way different. He acted like he was holding an automatic rifle and was firing it into the air. Apples and oranges.

Apparently I’m out of the loop. I would have never guessed what Walley did was “brandishing a weapon”.

What about all the cornerbacks that pretend to put their sword back in its sheath? You see that one all the time and I’ve never seen a penalty. That one they are actually pretending to hold a weapon.

The Drake London one was way different. He acted like he was holding an automatic rifle and was firing it into the air. Apples and oranges.

Apparently I’m out of the loop. I would have never guessed what Walley did was “brandishing a weapon”.

What about all the cornerbacks that pretend to put their sword back in its sheath? You see that one all the time and I’ve never seen a penalty. That one they are actually pretending to hold a weapon.
Looking at the video, I think PJ was yelling at the ref about exactly that based on the pantomime he did. I wonder if there were USC players who did that and didn't get called.

Top Bottom