Silver Lining

EasyThere Pilgrim

Reaction score
THE KEY TO EVERYTHING is Garcia & Christie returning next year. Therefore I can't be upset if they slow down a little bit now.

Garcia's 12 & 12 was good. But at least he didn't go-off for 25+ like he sometimes does.

Christie's 8 pts on 2-13 shooting shows he needs another year.

It's nice to see Fox with 14 pts on 5-5 shooting. Get him improved...return everyone...and add an impact transfer!!

Since we supposedly had no chance to make the NCAA this year anyway...I don't understand the meltdown here.

Should we also root for them to suffer injury on Sunday? :rolleyes:

I'll be the first to say I underestimated this team, I guessed 10 total wins and it looks like we will end at 18. I saw a fight against a strong Purdue team (the only game I watched tbh) A win against Mich State is always something to hang your hat on as well. Sorry, I won't be applauding a win against Northwestern or Nebraska no matter how "improved" they are

We also have two all Big caliber players imo in Payne and Christie if they improve as they should next year.

I still don't see the progress and fight that even Patino's and Tubby teams had, we shall see but I don't know how we make a jump next year in a BIG that is sure to be even more difficult with the PAC teams.

We will see, but not even reaching the NIT in year 3 is pretty bad, 1 tier 1 win? Do we even have 1? meh, not as impressed as some on here.

Yeah, sorry but scouts dont look at anything in a vaccuum. And 20ish year old kids barely considered "adults" certainly dont make decisions in a vaccuum.

We have a few games left. Christie and Dawson dont have to have brutal games to stay or good games to go. There is so much feedback to gather. And they can also transfer as well.

They can also black out and decide to come back.

Getting your ass beat in 1 game does not help them stay or go.

I'll be the first to say I underestimated this team, I guessed 10 total wins and it looks like we will end at 18. I saw a fight against a strong Purdue team (the only game I watched tbh) A win against Mich State is always something to hang your hat on as well. Sorry, I won't be applauding a win against Northwestern or Nebraska no matter how "improved" they are

We also have two all Big caliber players imo in Payne and Christie if they improve as they should next year.

I still don't see the progress and fight that even Patino's and Tubby teams had, we shall see but I don't know how we make a jump next year in a BIG that is sure to be even more difficult with the PAC teams.

We will see, but not even reaching the NIT in year 3 is pretty bad, 1 tier 1 win? Do we even have 1? meh, not as impressed as some on here.
Why are you commenting like you know anything about the team or any other team?

THE KEY TO EVERYTHING is Garcia & Christie returning next year. Therefore I can't be upset if they slow down a little bit now.

Garcia's 12 & 12 was good. But at least he didn't go-off for 25+ like he sometimes does.

It's nice to see Fox with 14 pts on 5-5 shooting. Get him improved...return everyone...and add an impact transfer!!

Since we supposedly had no chance to make the NCAA this year anyway...I don't understand the meltdown here.
I'm good w/o Fox coming back. Rather than having a player with 8 years of college play someone with two.

Garcia got his double double with 5 points in garbage time. The Gophers had Ware on the ropes with 3 fouls early...they passed it into Garcia and he would kick it back out. Power the ball up and get the foul on Ware (and get him out of there)...may have changed the game.

Wow. Losing is good.

Wow. Losing is good.
If we want Christie back next year...him having another bad game, ZERO POINTS, is the best result possible...am I wrong?

Is winning games now as important as getting everyone back and improving next year?

Garcia with 30 isn't ideal. But hopefully he needs to show dominance in order to be a 1st-round pick. And it's not just on potential like with Christie.

If we want Christie back next year...him having another bad game, ZERO POINTS, is the best result possible...am I wrong?

Is winning games now as important as getting everyone back and improving next year?
So if I follow, we want all of our top players to do awful in the BTT, find some more wingspan in the portal, and load up for year 0, which is the fourth year of the regime?

So if I follow, we want all of our top players to do awful in the BTT, find some more wingspan in the portal, and load up for year 0, which is the fourth year of the regime?
No, you don't understand.

We want Christie to not be drafted away based on potential. We want him to stay on the team next year and improve.

We want Christie to not be drafted away based on potential. We want him to stay on the team next year and improve.
What about after Cam? I don't think having our good players performing inconsistently and under expectations will make other good players want to come here.

What about after Cam? I don't think having our good players performing inconsistently and under expectations will make other good players want to come here.
Well we got Christie, Garcia, Hawkins, etc. to join a team with a much worse record.

If we return everyone...plus add a good player...next year should be good.

Well, he was pretty bad the last two games, so congrats!!
Just what the doctor ordered. Right after all that draft-on-potential talk.

Oh sure, everyone is melting down now, as expected. But if everyone announces that they're returning next year...the mood will instantly switch.

I think I’m beginning to understand. And we also don’t want CBJ to leave for a more prestigious coaching job, so if he continues to…to…yeah I get it!!

I think I’m beginning to understand. And we also don’t want CBJ to leave for a more prestigious coaching job, so if he continues to…to…yeah I get it!!
Thank God our complete face plant the last 5 games killed off all that "B1G Coach of the Year" talk....

Thank God our complete face plant the last 5 games killed off all that "B1G Coach of the Year" talk....
I'm not concerned about that.

I'm concerned about returning all of our players for next year.

Top Bottom