Signing Day Tomorrow!

Otis

Reaction score
25 new rowers on 247 have the Gophers ranked 8 in the conference. Any chance we see some surprises? Some more stars? Can we ride our season to a higher standing in the conference?

Put your signing day thoughts Here!

Have we ever really had any (or many) day of surprises?
Have we ever had a signing class after a 10-2 season where we were ranked in the top ten and mentioned for the national championship consideration?

Have we ever had a signing class after a 10-2 season where we were ranked in the top ten and mentioned for the national championship consideration?

I'd love to see it... but I really doubt one of those events is enough to cause crooting to skyrocket.

If it was I think we'd see a crazy amount of variation in crooting rankings year to year that we just don't see.

This years success will impact next years recruiting more than this years. I do think that it played a rolein a couple of our recent commits.

Remember that signing day starts at 7 AM local time. So we could have 1 recruit sign today in central time, and there are rumors of a 2nd international player floating out there.

Always a great day. Don't know the behind the scenes issues, but I would think Fleck would have to be pleased with the way the things are going. Hopefully much of the class will be signed and we can get a jump on next year and we get to start the whole process over again. Man the life of coaches recruiting 24/7 year after year.

Remember that signing day starts at 7 AM local time. So we could have 1 recruit sign today in central time, and there are rumors of a 2nd international player floating out there.
Yes this changes this a bit. Wonder if they will change that in the future.

Not quite true Germany is +7 hours so midnight

Yes this changes this a bit. Wonder if they will change that in the future.
Yeah, it feels like it should be noon eastern for everyone or something like that. But I'm sure they want it to not interfere with class, so that's why it's "before class" for everyone. But then there's a chance one kid's signing affects another later kid's decision.

In Australia right now it is 5:45 a.m. (12:45 p.m. here/Wednesday). So when it is 7:00 a.m. Wednesday in Australia it would be 2:00 pm. here in Minnesota on a Tuesday afternoon. So while Germany doesn't affect us too much, you could see some activity in certain countries.

In Australia right now it is 5:45 a.m. (12:45 p.m. here/Wednesday). So when it is 7:00 a.m. Wednesday in Australia it would be 2:00 pm. here in Minnesota on a Tuesday afternoon. So while Germany doesn't affect us too much, you could see some activity in certain countries.
True but our international commit is from Germany! We seem to be full so there doesn't seem to be much of a chance at a second one.

True but our international commit is from Germany! We seem to be full so there doesn't seem to be much of a chance at a second one.

There will be at least 2 players who have given verbals who won't sign tomorrow, so things may change.

As far as I can tell, the 2 players who haven't actually come for OV's are Dakota Thomas and Dylan McGill. I'd be fine with adding Jah Joyner, and saving the other one for a big-time recruit, if there are 2 spots.

You talking about the kid from Yokohama?

I'll stand by my comment! Everyone was looking at Germany as to an early signing. The punter forms from Australia is in now.

Anyone going to the Goal Line Club Signing Social tomorrow eve? It should be a fun time.

WHY is work insanely busy right now? I need to be following signing day! ARGH!

Top Bottom