Signing a JUCO QB?

akgopher

Reaction score
I'd like to see Coach Kill go after a JUCO for some depth at QB. A the present depth chart of a RS So, RS Fr, and Walk-On looks grim this year, but I don't fault Coach Kill being that Phillip Nelson looked like he was going to be an upperclassman fixture for two years during the recruiting season a year ago. I'd feel better if Coach Kill added some mature depth to the position to bridge the McKinzy and Strevler era.

Honestly, graduate QB might make more sense if they can find one. West Virginia and BC were running with those, and they look pretty good. Also Demry Croft looks very promising too. Maybe we'll have a true freshman quarterback next year.

Please just find a backup qb who is graduating and see if he'd like to get a grad degree at the U.

A graduate QB would be a nice alternative as well, but Coach Kill has only had a couple Marquis Gray upperclass QB starts during his tenure. Four years of unproven and unpolished teenagers/twenty-year old guys playing QB.

Start reviewing rosters of Fla, FSU, UGA, Clemson, Oregon, etc. There has got to be multiple graduating back ups who are better than what we currently have. They can hold the fort during Croft's redshirt year.

We don't even need a great QB just someone who is halfway effective. I like our defense, o-line, and skill positions. But glaring hole at QB and this should have been addressed in the Spring via transfer or something. Even Eastern Illinois has two QBs better than ours.

If Illinois can get an effective quarterback like Wes Lunt to come to their school then we shouldn't have any trouble doing the same.

Top Bottom