Sid's column this morning

HitMeAgainIAmStillMoving

Reaction score
All you geniuses who want Fleck fired, well I am telling you now, he is the right man for the job. Some are calling this an upset; well no one can win missing their top receiver and top running back. Make no mistake, any program in the country would be happy to have Fleck. Look for some big wins the rest of the season.

Sid Hartman

I don't think anyone wants him fired. I think the only thing people want is us to start recruiting and playing like a upper echelon Big Ten team and handle our business with teams we should pound. The product on the field has frankly been sub par this year.

All you geniuses who want Fleck fired, well I am telling you now, he is the right man for the job. Some are calling this an upset; well no one can win missing their top receiver and top running back. Make no mistake, any program in the country would be happy to have Fleck. Look for some big wins the rest of the season.

Sid Hartman
No one can win without their best RB and receiver? Really? That would not be anywhere near the top reasons to not win. Fleck is still the right guy for sure but he needs to liven up that morbid offense.

Love Coach, culture, and our team.

Yesterday was Masonesqe...and I like Grinnin' Glen too.

Certainly plenty of opportunity to improve their best.

Third post now in which I’ve said almost the same thing. I love PJ the man, the motivator and the recruiter. But I’m starting to have serious reservations about PJ the coach and game planner.

Third post now in which I’ve said almost the same thing. I love PJ the man, the motivator and the recruiter. But I’m starting to have serious reservations about PJ the coach and game planner.
I am starting to question his recruiting ability. Who were the best Gopher players during his 5 years here? TJ, Winfield, Bateman, Shannon Brooks, Rodney Smith, Cashman, Coughlin come to mind. I believe that PJ, only recruited Bateman from this group. The rest were inherited. After 5 years, we should better than we are. We keep hearing that we have a top recruiting class, where are they?

No one is saying Fleck should be fired.

They're saying Sanford should be fired, like Robb Smith was.

I'm not usually a guy who wants coaches fired, but Sanford and the special teams guy need to be gone, post haste.

Yesterday was Masonesqe...and I like Grinnin' Glen too.
Actually, PJ’s win against PSU in 2019 was very Masonesque as in Mason’s win over the Buckeyes in Columbus and Michigan in Ann Arbor or Mason’s wins in Happy Valley & in the dome…and USC & I like ol’ PJ too! 😊
Certainly plenty of opportunity to improve their best.

Winning yesterday would have plenty of positive recruiting PR. Losing just made it that harder to go upper echelon.

PJ should not mess around with his OC and DC hires. He got junked by his Sanford and Sons hire. I don't know what the right thing to do is at this stage of the season. You don't want it to drag on like the Rob Smith firing.

Pulling the trigger sooner will wake up everyone on the coaching staff first and foremost. They will have time to salvage the damage done. The Gophers have to continue winning to climb up the Big Ten ladder. No more excuses.

Top Bottom