Sid

Rog

Reaction score
I have no proof but it is quite obvious that Sid has (at least the help) of ghost writers for his columns.

Why? - Very little (compared to the past) on Gopher football vs the Vikings. Maybe you have to be an "old timer" to see this but its obvious.

Sad

I think something similar won post of the day back in the late 90s when the moderators called out s post of the day.

I have no proof but it is quite obvious that Sid has (at least the help) of ghost writers for his columns.

Why? - Very little (compared to the past) on Gopher football vs the Vikings. Maybe you have to be an "old timer" to see this but its obvious.

Sad

Yes this is true. I met the person with a family member (who went to school with mr Ghost writer) at a Twins game a few years back.
It is still amazing though that Sid is still sort of able to host the Sunday radio show, and get to as many events as he does.

Bottom line, the higher-ups at the Strib and CCO do not want to be the "bad guys" who pulled a legend off the air, or off the page.

Listening to Sid today is like listening to your wacky Uncle at the holidays. He doesn't make much sense, and he can't hear, but everyone tolerates him out of respect for what he used to be. With the Strib, they can use ghost-writers to preserve the illusion that Sid is still doing his own column - and most columns are simply quoting interviews from the Sports Huddle. On the radio, they can't hide his current condition.

It is sad, but it's not Sid's fault. If 'CCO wants to put a 98-year-old man on the radio to embarrass himself, that is their choice, and they have to deal with the results.

Sid hasn't really written his column since the 1970's. Simply too busy, and greatly enabled. They've had a huge series of writers, sometimes other columnists that do each chunk of the column. Sid sifts through the final drafts and chooses what makes the cut. I had a coworker (a relatively famous assistant Attorney General) whose daughter was one of Sid's writers for years.

I’ve said it before, something like Sid doesn’t happen in a media market that takes sports seriously.

Top Bottom