Sid: Tubby is 9-20, Monson is 10-18, Molinari is an assistant at Oklahoma State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• Former Gophers men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith is 9-20 in his second season at High Point, and Dan Monson is 10-18 at Long Beach State. Jim Molinari is an assistant coach at Oklahoma.

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Former Gophers men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith is 9-20 in his second season at High Point, and Dan Monson is 10-18 at Long Beach State. Jim Molinari is an assistant coach at Oklahoma.

Go Gophers!!
And both of them still had better B10 records than Lil Ricky....Another L added to it tonight

Glad neither one of them are around. Tubby got extremely lucky to have a great season and go to Kentucky to make his money. Other than the one season prior to Kentucky he has never done well.

I think Tubby got screwed a little bit when he was at Minnesota. He should have had Royce White, Al Nolen got hurt, Devoe Joseph would have stuck around if we had White. We had good players in Hoffarber and Mbakwe. Could have been a Sweet 16 team a few years in a row. Maybe even a FF. ?

I think Tubby got screwed a little bit when he was at Minnesota. He should have had Royce White, Al Nolen got hurt, Devoe Joseph would have stuck around if we had White. We had good players in Hoffarber and Mbakwe. Could have been a Sweet 16 team a few years in a row. Maybe even a FF. ?

Yeah, and there was no practice facility either that was promised. I think all in all, he did OK as the B1G was considerably tougher than it has been since he left. Tubby had to face Bo Ryan, Matta, and Izzo's toughest teams.

Monson has been pretty good at Long Beach State. Finished fifth the past two years, but before that (and 8th place in his first year) he never finished lower than fourth. And he won the conference three years in a row. Three first-place finishes, a second and two thirds.

Monson has been pretty good at Long Beach State. Finished fifth the past two years, but before that (and 8th place in his first year) he never finished lower than fourth. And he won the conference three years in a row. Three first-place finishes, a second and two thirds.
maybe we should hire him back.

Top Bottom