Sid: There are rumors that when Bill Snyder retires, Kill will replace him

Well, if Sid says it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Sid said ANYTHING accurate in recent memory?

Jer stated not two weeks ago that he will never be a HC again. Guess Sid knows something Jer doesn't.

When I met Jerry last week he said he was very happy to be done coaching. He is still figuring out exactly what job is best for him in football/athletic departments but that coaching was just too unhealthy for him. He looked great (a lot healthier) so my opinion (probably more of a guess) is that Jerry is serious about not being a head coach again because his family and health are too important to him.

When I met Jerry last week he said he was very happy to be done coaching. He is still figuring out exactly what job is best for him in football/athletic departments but that coaching was just too unhealthy for him. He looked great (a lot healthier) so my opinion (probably more of a guess) is that Jerry is serious about not being a head coach again because his family and health are too important to him.

He does look healthier

Claeys owns a farm and a restaurant in Clay Center KS. I'd worry a bit if KSU come calling.

Not that it matters, but I think they closed the restaurant.

Sid will print anything and everything he hears at this point regardless of if it has any reality to it or not. Those of you mentioning Claeys being more likely than Kill I think are much closer to the truth. Now Claeys would need to improve his resume and show he can get the job done here but if he has some success and KSU comes calling I can definitely see him jumping ship to go out there. But he would need to win here first before he would be an attractive candidate to them i would think.

Wouldn't Claeys be a more likely replacement, with Kill staying on in KSU sports administration?
To me, Kansas State is a worse job than any in the Big 10. They are a team that would be at risk of being left behind if there was a major shift again in college football. They are also a program who has had zero success with all but on coach in their history.

To me, Kansas State is a worse job than any in the Big 10. They are a team that would be at risk of being left behind if there was a major shift again in college football. They are also a program who has had zero success with all but on coach in their history.

he'll act like he is taking the task on as a favor to a helpless situation. this is what the ol[possum does. better yet he'll get the band back together and act like its bear bryant/saban/spurrier getting together. coach speak aint worth a squirt o ps.

he'll act like he is taking the task on as a favor to a helpless situation. this is what the ol[possum does. better yet he'll get the band back together and act like its bear bryant/saban/spurrier getting together. coach speak aint worth a squirt o ps.

Give me a break. Troll.

slur guy in my book, take care bud. do yerself a favor a put me on ignore.

slur guy in my book, take care bud. do yerself a favor a put me on ignore.

Way, way too fun calling you out, so I probably won't. You'll have to put me on ignore if you have a problem. BTW, the squiggly lines under words are for the grammar/spellcheck function. Just saying.

I think it would be easy to exaggerate Kills role. The last time Snyder retired the handover was a shambles. The seamless transition, when Kill was sick, was partially due to a set of binders of best practices, that helped the coaches continue. I'm sure that one of Coach Kill's duties is to get with Bill Snyder and establish a similar system. That would require a lot of time together, that easily could be misinterpreted as, being a coach in waiting.

I think it would be easy to exaggerate Kills role. The last time Snyder retired the handover was a shambles. The seamless transition, when Kill was sick, was partially due to a set of binders of best practices, that helped the coaches continue. I'm sure that one of Coach Kill's duties is to get with Bill Snyder and establish a similar system. That would require a lot of time together, that easily could be misinterpreted as, being a coach in waiting.

They could get a journalist intern to do that.

They could get a journalist intern to do that.

You obviously have never had to get institutional knowledge, that is; the knowledge people have in there brains, translated into a set of standard operating procedures. A junior intern would get nothing useful accomplished.

You obviously have never had to get institutional knowledge, that is; the knowledge people have in there brains, translated into a set of standard operating procedures. A junior intern would get nothing useful accomplished.

The suggestion was no more goofy than the idea they hired Kill to pen Snyder's philosophy.

I find it hard to belive Kill out stumping for his book and by his own account not needing to be there very often is in charge of seamless transitions....

Top Bottom