Sid says Royce and Tubby met on Thursday; Royce asks to be back on team

BIG coincidence?

Either Royce got a raw deal by UMPD or it was a BIG coincidence that the case was dropped right after he quit.

ELAINE: Well, you have to admit... the circumstantial evidence...
RAVA: I admit nothing!
ELAINE: No, no. But it is quite a coincidence.
RAVA: Yes, that’s all: a coincidence!
ELAINE: A big coincidence.
RAVA: Not a big coincidence. A coincidence!
ELAINE: No, that’s a big coincidence.
RAVA: That’s what a coincidence is! There are no small coincidences and big coincidences!
ELAINE: No, there are degrees of coincidences.
RAVA: No, there are only coincidences! Ask anyone!
RAVA: Are there big coincidences and small coincidences, or just coincidences? Well?! Well?!

Originally Posted by josh087
Who knows how much longer the UMPD would have investigated it had he not quit the team?

Do you want to buy some cheap oceanfront property in Kansas? I have some. Cheap. We can do the deal tonight.

Funny that your only retort is to a rhetorical question I posed.

Also, I believe that cheap oceanfront line has been used several times in the recent past by Doogie on this board. Get some new material.

If u wanna read about how great the umpd is look up what they did when multiple students were smoking weed at Northrop on 4/20. and they did absolutely nothing because first they didn't know what the day was. Then claimed it wasn't a public event (which it was, multiple people) when they were informed it was a public event they said no one complained so they didn't do anything. And then added they wouldn't be doing anything next year either. What a great police force.

If u wanna read about how great the umpd is look up what they did when multiple students were smoking weed at Northrop on 4/20. and they did absolutely nothing because first they didn't know what the day was. Then claimed it wasn't a public event (which it was, multiple people) when they were informed it was a public event they said no one complained so they didn't do anything. And then added they wouldn't be doing anything next year either. What a great police force.

Link in case anyone is curious:

http://www.mndaily.com/2010/04/20/students-celebrate-420-mall

I'm not sure where this thread is at but have Royce's multiple transgressions been covered? He got the boot from the summer program, was kicked out of a few different dorms, according the email I got from Maturi, violated or broke several other team rules, did the whole Youtube thing, and it seemed demonstrated he was above the program. Yes, I thought the laptop investigation was ridiculous, as was the trespassing charge, but it seemed to me, and I wanted him back on the team as much as anyone else, that he made his own bed LONG before any of this happened. If he can make it back - wonderful. If he doesn't? Well, as Tubby said long ago:I guess you never missed what you didn't have to begin with.

Funny that your only retort is to a rhetorical question I posed.

Also, I believe that cheap oceanfront line has been used several times in the recent past by Doogie on this board. Get some new material.

Well, I am embarrassed to have used a line Doogie used, that's for sure, so for that I apologize.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, Josh. Sorry. I thought your comment about the police settling the case was apologist for RW. Go ahead and believe that, if you want. I highly doubt it's true. Royce White has made one stupid move after the next. That's a fact.

I'm not sure where this thread is at but have Royce's multiple transgressions been covered? He got the boot from the summer program, was kicked out of a few different dorms, according the email I got from Maturi, violated or broke several other team rules, did the whole Youtube thing, and it seemed demonstrated he was above the program. Yes, I thought the laptop investigation was ridiculous, as was the trespassing charge, but it seemed to me, and I wanted him back on the team as much as anyone else, that he made his own bed LONG before any of this happened. If he can make it back - wonderful. If he doesn't? Well, as Tubby said long ago:I guess you never missed what you didn't have to begin with.

It's true, he didn't just shoplift and bushwhack a security guard, there are other issues.

I don't even remember the getting booted from the summer program deal. What then, Why?

I don't think so. If the club paid him, then maybe. But I'm pretty sure it was just his own birthday party that he was promoting, which happend to be at a night club. While it could be seen as borderline advertising for "Aqua," I think he is fine. The seminal court case on this is the Jeremy Bloom case, where he argued that his modeling career was supplemental income and had nothing to do with his amateur sports career/status.

Bloom's "other career" was not modeling. It was skiing. And, for the record, he was not allowed to take part in NCAA football.

White has had his chances and blew them. Give the scholarship to someone who wants it and deserves it. If White comes back and I was a teammate, I would make sure I locked my locker.

Royce DESERVES the scholarship more than anyone since a scholarship is based on basketball ability and he's the only five star basketball player that has WANTED to play here since Tubby came.

Royce DESERVES the scholarship more than anyone since a scholarship is based on basketball ability and he's the only five star basketball player that has WANTED to play here since Tubby came.

Agreed. Based on ability he deserves it the most, and its not even close. But if there is any more drama, he should be banished to Europe.:)

This has been drug out enough. Sign him now and if he screws it up he is done. Without Royce we are in trouble next year. With Royce, we are top four in the big ten.

Don't even start up with the crap about KG padding his rebounding stats with missed FTs. I guess he's supposed to just wait until the other team gets the ball, right? I guess none of the other leading rebounders in the league get rebounds from missed FTs, right?

In what sense has Royce returned? All that's changed is that he's asked to return to the team. Everyone knew that was coming, but I guess you can give yourself props for that if you want.

you, jake, et al had Royce to Europe, Royce to Sparty, Royce to Greece, Royce into the music business. i said he'd re-enroll.. look it up.

KG is a padder.. goes after those uncontested missed FT's like a hungry wolf.. the great rebounders don't bother.. they are on the other end of the floor...

oh... Wade with a facial of KG yesterday... then an f-bomb from KG.. funny. At least Royce will have better in-game manners that your hero KG.

you, jake, et al had Royce to Europe, Royce to Sparty, Royce to Greece, Royce into the music business. i said he'd re-enroll.. look it up.

KG is a padder.. goes after those uncontested missed FT's like a hungry wolf.. the great rebounders don't bother.. they are on the other end of the floor...

oh... Wade with a facial of KG yesterday... then an f-bomb from KG.. funny. At least Royce will have better in-game manners that your hero KG.

hoe.jpg

I was told a story about KG from some NDSU players. KG was playing pickup games with some college players (I didn't ask if other pros were their). First game his team was done 6-1, KG called a timeout and screamed at everyone. Finger in the face "Who the F are you guarding", "Why do you think holding the ball for 30 F'ing seconds is a good thing".... I guess he dressed down everyone in the huddle. They came back and won, never lost a game in 2 hours.

KG is just that intense, you might see a guy padding stats, but I see a guy that's learned from the best coaches in the world that basketball is a game of habits. Going hard all the time is just part of who he is.

Can he handle some point guard, a la Evan Turner?

He did it a little bit in high school, but since he hasn't played in a year i would guess his ball handling needs some touch ups, but by his senior year i could see him playing some point foward.

I actually had Royce returning to the team. Look it up. And he hasn't re-enrolled yet as far as I know, so you're congratulating yourself on something that 1) hasn't happened 2) tons of people have also predicted.

That KG argument isn't even worth discussing.

Top Bottom