Sid: Kill said "nothing so far from the University of Minnesota" as far as job offer

My guess is the best thing for him would be to get away from the program for awhile. It can be difficult being the head guy and then taking on a lesser role. Being close to the program would be a constant reminder that he can't be the head coach anymore. Maybe that wouldn't be a big deal for him but I can see it being an issue for some people.

Sorry to read the seizures continue, frustrating as hell.

It may not be good for the new football staff to have the old head man hanging around too closely either. There is a time when the new boss has to be the new boss. The new boss is not the same as the old boss. The new boss has to be the ONLY boss. Jerry Kill was TC's boss for too many years to be able to "look over TC's shoulder..." The new boss needs the old boss to be a butterfly and fly away and wish him well from a safe distance. I'm sure Jerry never wanted anyone looking over his shoulder. There are a lot of family dynamics that must be changed. I believe TC knows that. I don't know if Jerry does.

If Jerry Kill wants to return to the program, I am sorry, but he resigned for valid reasons. His health is a major concern. TC needs nobody to question his methods behind his back or in front of his face. I am loving the off season hires and the tone of the program seems to remain on track. Students first, fantastic football a priority. The best of all worlds. The very last thing I want to see is a former coach doing anything other than enjoying retirement and visiting the sidelines.

At this point, my worst fear is Jerry Kill returning to the program. Too awkward. He needs to move on. Let Claeys be Claeys.

I think the fact that he is moving to Illinois and sold his house is proof that he is done with the U. I can't imagine the U hiring him in any meaningful capacity when he is in Illinois. Is Kill really that valuable of a fundraiser that the U will fly him in on weekends and on occasions to help raise money for the U? You have to be in Minnesota to do that with any effectiveness. I think Sid was just running his mouth about a job for Kill at the U, which is one of the things I like about Sid.

Kill leaving is best for Claeys and let's get real I doubt he'd be happy being a fundraiser for the U and let's get serious he won't be a Barry Alvarez or Bo Schembechler since he never won big here. No one will ever talk about the glory days of Jerry Kill and how a visit or talk with Kill will get someone to write checks. Plus he's not from here and Minnesotans can be very provincial. Flip was here long enough and he won things, Kill doesn't meet that criteria.

Saw him at the bowl game and quite frankly he didn't look that healthy. It looks like he's put on some weight and maybe going through postpartum. He has grown a beard and it actually looks pretty good. I think the only way he'll be happy is back in the coaching profession in some limited capacity.

My guess is the best thing for him would be to get away from the program for awhile. It can be difficult being the head guy and then taking on a lesser role. Being close to the program would be a constant reminder that he can't be the head coach anymore. Maybe that wouldn't be a big deal for him but I can see it being an issue for some people.

I would tend to not question Jerry Kill's motives on this too much or read too much into anything you read on this matter.. The GI in Iowa post is very valid.

If Kill indeed moved back to his "lake" house in Illinois, that makes sense. He has lost most of what he spent his whole life working to achieve and did not make it due to health issues. Being on the sidelines in Minneapolis as he watches things play out, good or bad, has to absolute torture.

Some guys like Glen Mason, really like the metropolitan aspects of Minneapolis and living near Lake Minnetonka. Jerry is more of a non-Chicago Illinois kind of guy, not too over analyze, since I think he and RK did relish their non football time here. I know if I lost my job and had a 200K salary on the way, but plenty of tough memories I'd move to Illinois too. I'd just move to a warehouse style condo in the River North Chicago or the Gold Coast and take my lumps there. I'd also try to get a job at the Big Ten Network and maybe have a couple of martinis with Taylor Rooks!

Jerry is a different kind of guy than Mason, but I think that Jerry Kill and RK did really embrace living here though, and it is a shame if they really did sell their house in MPLS. I saw JK and RK walking all the time around St. Anthony Main and the Stone Arch Bridge the last two three years as he tried to get more balance in his life. I think I saw his brother as well who looks a lot like JK if I am right, but I really think they liked it a lot here.

The issue for JK or at least (would be for) me is that it is very painful to watch this all at close range, and it does not really help Tracy Claeys much either. Jerry is fighting through a lot, and I am sure being secluded in rural Illinois in a paid for "lake house" is a better than marinating in what just happened to his career.

He needs to get away from it all for awhile. He is doing the right thing.

Transition, whether retiring from work or getting laid off, or returning home from active combat can be very challenging. You'd have to deprogram.

Abrupt change is a shock to ones' system. Suddenly, he is not doing what was a well-worn path in his life.

You'd go through phases no different than mourning the loss of love ones.

He'll be back, but it will be when he feels he's ready. Right now, he has a lot on his plate.

Time is the best healer.

God speed Jerry Kill!

Dean S;1165304... TC needs nobody to question his methods behind his back or in front of his face...[/QUOTE said:
Are you suggesting we shut down GH?

possible complications re: Kill's contract and how he is/was compensated when he resigned? i do not recall if he received a lump sum payout or is still receiving a weekly paycheck.

possible complications re: Kill's contract and how he is/was compensated when he resigned? i do not recall if he received a lump sum payout or is still receiving a weekly paycheck.

I have a feeling he's getting screwed over by the U. I recall something about a clause in his contract about him having to resign for health reasons meaning he doesn't get the money he would have gotten if the U fired him. I bet he's trying to get more of a settlement and the U told him, "no you resigned for health reasons" we don't owe you as much as you think we do.

I have a feeling he's a little bit mad at the U. If you read between the lines in Sid's columns it's clear Jerry and U have had some falling out.

I would tend to not question Jerry Kill's motives on this too much or read too much into anything you read on this matter.. The GI in Iowa post is very valid.

If Kill indeed moved back to his "lake" house in Illinois, that makes sense. He has lost most of what he spent his whole life working to achieve and did not make it due to health issues. Being on the sidelines in Minneapolis as he watches things play out, good or bad, has to absolute torture.

Some guys like Glen Mason, really like the metropolitan aspects of Minneapolis and living near Lake Minnetonka. Jerry is more of a non-Chicago Illinois kind of guy, not too over analyze, since I think he and RK did relish their non football time here. I know if I lost my job and had a 200K salary on the way, but plenty of tough memories I'd move to Illinois too. I'd just move to a warehouse style condo in the River North Chicago or the Gold Coast and take my lumps there. I'd also try to get a job at the Big Ten Network and maybe have a couple of martinis with Taylor Rooks!

Jerry is a different kind of guy than Mason, but I think that Jerry Kill and RK did really embrace living here though, and it is a shame if they really did sell their house in MPLS. I saw JK and RK walking all the time around St. Anthony Main and the Stone Arch Bridge the last two three years as he tried to get more balance in his life. I think I saw his brother as well who looks a lot like JK if I am right, but I really think they liked it a lot here.

The issue for JK or at least (would be for) me is that it is very painful to watch this all at close range, and it does not really help Tracy Claeys much either. Jerry is fighting through a lot, and I am sure being secluded in rural Illinois in a paid for "lake house" is a better than marinating in what just happened to his career.
I'm still trying to figure out where you find a lake in Illinois, besides Lake Michigan.

I really hope Ruppert explains what the hell he was trying to say there.

Depression. ....It's what women suffer after the birth of a child. A clinical term applied to hormone
unbalance, or in Kils case, possible low.testosterone.

Depression. ....It's what women suffer after the birth of a child. A clinical term applied to hormone
unbalance, or in Kils case, possible low.testosterone.

Unless Jerry Kill is the first man in the history of Earth to be able to give birth, or Rebecca recently had a baby in her 50s and we somehow didn't hear about it, he ain't suffering from postpartum depression. Didn't you used to be a pharmaceutical salesman?

Unless Jerry Kill is the first man in the history of Earth to be able to give birth, or Rebecca recently had a baby in her 50s and we somehow didn't hear about it, he ain't suffering from postpartum depression. Didn't you used to be a pharmaceutical salesman?

So that's why drug costs are so high...

Top Bottom