1999 Minnesota 8–4 5–3 T–4th L Sun 17 18
2000 Minnesota 6–6 4–4 T–5th L MicronPC.com
2001 Minnesota 4–7 2–6 T–10th
2002 Minnesota 8–5 3–5 7th W Music City
2003 Minnesota 10–3 5–3 T–4th W Sun 17 20
2004 Minnesota 7–5 3–5 8th W Music City
2005 Minnesota 7–5 4–4 7th L Music City
2006 Minnesota 6–7 3–5 T–6th L Insight

Sorry, Whydon'tyougo. This is a full-time job. The new Gopher's coach will not be able to coach only 50% of the team, for 50% of the game, for 50% of the year, for 100% of his salary like Glenn always did with his teams.

The man who really knows sports agrees...bring back Mason! Instant wins

1997 Minnesota 3–9 1–7 T–9th
1998 Minnesota 5–6 2–6 T–7th
1999 Minnesota 8–4 5–3 T–4th L Sun 17 18
2000 Minnesota 6–6 4–4 T–5th L MicronPC.com
2001 Minnesota 4–7 2–6 T–10th
2002 Minnesota 8–5 3–5 7th W Music City
2003 Minnesota 10–3 5–3 T–4th W Sun 17 20
2004 Minnesota 7–5 3–5 8th W Music City
2005 Minnesota 7–5 4–4 7th L Music City
2006 Minnesota 6–7 3–5 T–6th L Insight

Kate, your husband has not been asked to coach the last few years and seems to like his BT gig and working for the Financial Services company. Plus, the above record is supposed to get me excited about what????

Anyone who even remotely suggests that the only way a D1 football team can win is by hiring a coach that they fired 4 years earlier, is an idiot.

Sid is wrong once in a while

Bringing back Mason would be the worst decision possible. He would best be a greeter at the ticket entrance endorsing tooth whiteners

Masons problem was not losing games, it was how and when they lost.

Since when is Sid right about anything? Bring back Gutey while we are at it. He was about as effective as Mason. Both had two winning Big Ten seasons, Gutey did it in fewer seasons than it took Mason. How is Mason instant wins? Mason's record was padded with cupcake nonconference schedules.

Since when is Sid right about anything? Bring back Gutey while we are at it. He was about as effective as Mason. Both had two winning Big Ten seasons, Gutey did it in fewer seasons than it took Mason. How is Mason instant wins? Mason's record was padded with cupcake nonconference schedules.

Sid is God.....

Sid is right? Sid says that Mason tells everyone what a terrible job this is, but then suggests Mason would come back. Great logic.

LetsGoGophers

You liked that rugged gopher defense under Mason huh? Yea--thats the thing. We need that defense back.

Masons problem was not losing games, it was how and when they lost.

what??? i remember him losing games to everyone, beating horrible non conf teams, and then pissing down his leg when we should have won.

mason's problem WAS LOSING GAMES!

If he would take it I think it would be a good idea. Not sure they are going to get anyone better. I think it would be interesting to see how he would do with the new stadium. It might be a difference of one win a season by improving recruiting.

Its working for Kansas State...identical situation.

I hope Bill Snyder never reads this thread. He would be truly insulted. Until they name TCF Bank Stadium after Glen Mason, or someone calls Mason "the coach of the century" lets plan on hiring someone new.

If he would take it I think it would be a good idea. Not sure they are going to get anyone better. I think it would be interesting to see how he would do with the new stadium. It might be a difference of one win a season by improving recruiting.

what is wrong with you people that loved mason. he didnt do anything and he hated recruiting. you people have got to be kidding that mason would be a good idea! if we are going to become a big ten contender we need a guy that will work non stop coaching and recruiting and mason was never that guy!

what??? i remember him losing games to everyone, beating horrible non conf teams, and then pissing down his leg when we should have won.

mason's problem WAS LOSING GAMES!

Look at his record...as I said, it wasn't losing games, it was to who and how he lost them. Christ, anyone will be better than Brew.

The school needs to set the bar high. However, I don't think they will and we will be stuck with another Brewster/Mason/Whacker guy. Not good enough for a B10 program.

This is a joke right?

Country club Glen didn't want to work hard and was always looking for that next job. Everytime I hear his name it reminds of michigan (big lead lost) and sconnie (blocked punt). His game prep wasn't always that great and after a loss he refused to talk to the public.

This is the only scenario under which I will make this claim:

If Mason returns as head coach, I am forever done with the U of MN.

Souhan's reason for promoting the re-hire of Glen Mason is standard-issue Minnesota media: Let's create such a sh!t-show that everyone is forced to pay attention to us for a little while. Making a spectacle is what its should be all about.

Sid's reason is that his world is limited to people who he considers "close personal friends".

I think Letsgogophers is having a good chuckle right now.

Wouldn't be a good idea. You have to admit that outside of a few good seasons, things didnt end well towards the end. Bill Snyder's situation at KSU doesn't compare at all to what Mason did here.

Its working for Kansas State...identical situation.

I'll repeat myself. God what a dumb idea. If you want to be a mediocre team then go find a different team to root for and post on their board not this one.:mad: I have never heard such a dumb idea and everyone here is dumber for it. I suggest you never come back here again.

Only halfway kidding, but if they hired Mason, I'd move to Iowa or Nebraska.

If I watched a bad movie in the theater why would I buy it when it came out on DVD.

Top Bottom