Sid Hartman's real estate empire

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Axios Twin Cities:

The legendary Sid Hartman wrote 21,235 columns in his his 76-year career at The Star Tribune. He also founded a company that amassed a nine-figure portfolio of more than 1,000 apartments.

Driving the news: Since he died in October at age 100, the real estate firm he cofounded with Al Rubinger in 1957, Sidal Realty, has been selling off properties.

Details: In recent months, Sidal Realty has sold five buildings with 559 units for a combined $92 million, according to the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.

• Sidal still has three buildings with 555 units remaining, according to the Biz Journal. If sold, they could bring in close to $100 million more, based on past sales prices.
The bottom line: It wasn't a secret that Sid was also a businessman on the side, but the sales shed new light on his holdings.

Go Gophers!!

In reality I think Sid's role in Sidal Realty was as silent partner to a close friend who handled all of the buying and selling of properties. I am guessing the only part of the business Sid was involved in was to show up to the real estate closings and sign his name wherever he was instructed.

In reality I think Sid's role in Sidal Realty was as silent partner to a close friend who handled all of the buying and selling of properties. I am guessing the only part of the business Sid was involved in was to show up to the real estate closings and sign his name wherever he was instructed.
I am sure that this is correct, but I’d like to imagine that he was in charge of tenant contact:

Tenant: Hello, I live in apartment 213 and we had water leaking in from the ceiling last night.

Sid: Huh?

Tenant: Water! It was coming in through the ceiling!

Sid: What?

Tenant: Water!! Through the ceiling!! Last night!! It was terrible!!!

Sid: Knight? Listen genius, Bob Knight does wonderful things for kids, he just doesn’t want people to know about it.

Tenant: What does that have to do with. . .?

Sid: Huh?

Top Bottom