Sid Hartman

MNfootballfan

Reaction score
IMG_4531.jpg

Love him of hate him, it was great to see him at the press conference today. The world would be a better place if more people had his desire and work ethic.

Real good to see him be able to attend the press conference. I hope he makes a full recovery. I do like Sid. He's a throwback and he has forgotten more about Minnesota sports than anyone has ever known.

There's no doubting what he's meant to the sports landscape in the twin cities for a long time but Sid is an asshole, plain and simple. I've met VERY few who have ever encountered him who didn't have a less than desirable experience. I'm sure he's very good to the people he considers peers or that he may need something from but he's a jackass.

There's no doubting what he's meant to the sports landscape in the twin cities for a long time but Sid is an asshole, plain and simple. I've met VERY few who have ever encountered him who didn't have a less than desirable experience. I'm sure he's very good to the people he considers peers or that he may need something from but he's a jackass.

Today's Golden Doosh-Bag Award winner! For God's sake, the guy is 96 years old give him a break.

Looks like he made a close, personal friend today! Good for Sid!

Today's Golden Doosh-Bag Award winner! For God's sake, the guy is 96 years old give him a break.

You don't know Sid clearly. I've worked at two places where I would encounter him on a regular basis. I worked in the Twins clubhouse for three years where I was with him daily and I also worked at Oak Ridge Country Club for even longer where he was (maybe still is) a member. I'm sorry to say I have NEVER in my life come across a human being who treats the average person as poorly as he does and I mean that wholeheartedly. 96 or not, he's not a nice guy and everyone who has been around him like I have knows it.

sid.jpg

Need more shots like this of this of Sid, + the AXE!

Have you ever seen him happier?

Sid is a dope but I still love his commitment. I will carry Fleck and him as my avatar until Sid is gone. Sid is truly the last media homer. God bless him.

Sid, like all of us, is complicated. In a former professional life I had regular dealings with him; I have seen him treat people remarkably badly, most often those far below him in status and power, simply because he could. And I have also seen acts of kindness that didn't gain him anything. The great mystery/irony of his life, as once pointed out by Joe Soucheray: how/why has a man who came from where Sid did, and whose life story really is a pretty remarkable success story, so consistently chosen to take the side of those who already hold power?

Sid, like all of us, is complicated. In a former professional life I had regular dealings with him; I have seen him treat people remarkably badly, most often those far below him in status and power, simply because he could. And I have also seen acts of kindness that didn't gain him anything. The great mystery/irony of his life, as once pointed out by Joe Soucheray: how/why has a man who came from where Sid did, and whose life story really is a pretty remarkable success story, so consistently chosen to take the side of those who already hold power?

Because he stands to gain the most from them. Learned early in his life.

I can attest to Sid being a raging asshole to those who he perceives to be beneath him. I served as an intern for a local pro sports team and he treated me like garbage, but when I got the full time media relations gig and could provide him good bits of information for his column (I think there were some Sundays when I "wrote" half his column), I was his close personal friend. I do admire his longevity and what he means as a Minnesota institution, but I'll never respect the way he treats people.

Sid sucks. Hasn't done work in decades.

This thread is great and I mean that. Sid is almost mythical around these parts. Being a ragging "fill in the blank" only adds to the legend.

When Sid Hartman passes on the NYT and Washington Post will both have published a blurb on this guy.

Did Sid get a question in at the presser?

Love the picture and very happy this curmudgeon is up and moving. Maybe this hiring will motivate him back to work. Love him or hate him is a unique local personality.

Therein lies the problem. Despite what everyone thinks here media should neither be loyal nor a homer.

Maybe in the ideal world. But in this market that's saturated with yellow journalism eager to publish any kind of sensational negative press about the Gophers (in order to desperately sell newspapers/clicks in a declining industry), a "homer" type voice can be a welcome counter point.

I'm not sure I'm ready for Sid, Mona and PJ on the Sports Huddle...

Top Bottom