Sid Hartman: Tubby Smith: I'm not going anywhere; I'm going to finish my career here

The thing about Sid is that he sometimes hears what he wants to hear.

Also, it's also very possible that both Sid and Myron are correct on Trevor. He may stay, but he also might explore his options. Considering he's a junior, it wouldn't be at all surprising if he declares to get a sense as to his value and then pulls his name out.

After all, he plays for a coach who suggested that Spencer Tollackson and Dan Coleman declare after their junior years in order to get feedback from NBA types.

It depends on if he turned on his hearing aid.

All 3 of Ralph, Trevor and Rodney will probably declare to get the feedback. Nothing wrong with it. I believe Spencer T. and McKenzie even did this.

If Tubby isn't going anywhere, then we ought to pay him commensurate with performance.

Tubby Smith: I'm not going anywhere

And Smith rejected the ESPN rumor that Georgia Tech was going to buy out coach Paul Hewitt's contract and hire Smith by saying: "Why would I be interested in that job? I'm not going anywhere. My wife likes it here, I like it here, and I'm going to finish my career here."[/I

Does Tubby have to say this every year to appease Doogie and Myron? Maybe some NYC tabloids are hiring.

Top Bottom