Sid Hartman on Osseo TE Will Johnson, Quentin Gardener, etc.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

"Gophers football news

Quentin Gardener, the Texas wide receiver who signed with the Gophers and didn't qualify academically, is going to attend Blinn College in Brenham, Texas, become eligible and then enroll at Minnesota.

Two in-state quarterbacks who have committed to the Gophers -- Phil Nelson of Mankato West and Mitch Leidner of Lakeville South -- will enroll at Minnesota in January in time to take part in spring practice."

"One reason outstanding Osseo tight end Will Johnson might wind up at Mississippi is that he knows former Hamline defensive tackle Mike Markuson, who is a Rebels assistant coach."

"Miami (Ohio), the Gophers’ football opponent on Sept. 17 after they open the season at Southern California and then play New Mexico State at home, is heavily favored to win the MAC title."

"Gophers picked last

Sports Illustrated is out with their college football preview issue and in the Big Ten, they predict the Gophers will go 0-8 and 3-9 overall.

And then in a segment titled Players to Watch, the only Gopher they mention is Troy Stoudermire, who needs 190 yards to break the NCAA career kick return yardage record. He will be a starting cornerback after six starts last year.

Well, the Gophers read these predictions and what it does is make them even more determined to do better.

Right now this team's strengths are the offensive line, where they have some depth, and at running back, where a freshman named David Cobb from Killeen, Texas, and more than one first-year offensive lineman have indicated they have good futures.

After all, they beat two good teams -- Illinois and Iowa -- at the end of last season, and a good number of those players are back.

If coaching can do it, this team could be a surprise.

Jerry Kill and his staff do as good a job as any coaching staff I have seen over the years at Minnesota.

One thing I know for sure: Give them time and they will win."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/128107033.html

Go Gophers!!

I hope that's true about Gardener, he sounds like a keeper.

I'm sensing Will Johnson wants to get out of Minnesota for college, I'm guessing he goes out of state somewhere, probably Ole Miss.

Except for the Gardener nugget, absolutely worthless...everything...

Including that Kill will win if given time? ;)

Which he has said about Joe Salem, Lou Holtz, John Gutekunst, Jim Wacker, Glen Mason, Tim Brewster, and Jeff Horton. Usually, when the crap is already on the sh!thouse walls.

I think Kill will win in...no time. (IMO:drink:)

I'd pick Toledo or NIU to win the MAC before I'd pick miami.

Anyone know anything about Quentin Gardener's status? Is he still planning on enrolling at the U?

I remember hearing the staff was no longer interested back in the fall. Can't remember the source.

Gotcha. Was just taking a look at the scholarship grid and noticed his name was still on there, but I remember him not getting into school.

Top Bottom