Sid Hartman: Mason likes what he sees in Gophers

I'm so sick of Mason and could care less what he thinks! The guy sucked at commentating on the game today and his support for Ohio was disgusting! Plus he was talking like he was the coach! The guy is an @$$.

Wow! I guess differences are what makes the world go around. Mason, IMHO was an obvious fan of the Gophers and of coach Kill. When they blocked the punt he was screaming. I also thought his comments about Gray (both positive and critical) were spot on. As were his comments on Brock Vereen. His comments about M of O were very inciteful and I thought seemed intended to elevate our opponent for our benefit. All in all I thought he was the best B1G 10 Net announcer we've had.

I'm so sick of Mason and could care less what he thinks! The guy sucked at commentating on the game today and his support for Ohio was disgusting! Plus he was talking like he was the coach! The guy is an @$$.

I care what he thinks. He's earned that. The guy has 35 years of football coaching under his belt, making him more qualified to give his opinion than probably 99% of people. He is a fan of the Gophers, and I think it takes a pretty good person to still support a school that he got fired from. I'm glad he and Kill are on good terms and are hopefully building a relationship. I think Mason could give some good advice, and help our program.

Mason is the biggest reason we got The Bank, glad he finally got to enjoy it today as we've been doing for the past few years.

I agree. I thought Glen Mason did a very good job commenting on this game, certainly better than slobbering Lou Holtz on ESPN. For the love of God, Lou and Sid need to retire! But I digress, Mason is a very honorable gentleman the way he handled this situation. He said he loves going to Gopher practices. How many former coaches who were fired would do that?

You said (in bold) that you "could care less" which means you care a lot.

GopherFanatic19,

1. I guess you like commentators who don't understand football, and spend time denigrating the Gophers.

2. I thought Glen was great today, and he was genuinely excited and animated when the Gophers were doing well. I thought he did an excellent job explaining the Xs and Os of what just happened. I am not used to this when watching Golden Gopher football games.

3. I thought Brett Basanez did a good job last week announcing our game against NMSU. He is lights out better than some of the other announcers on the BTN. But Glen was really excellent in my humble opinion. Do I like Glen. You betcha. Yes, I am biased.

4. I am a happy Golden Gopher tonight. Thank you Jerry Kill and thanks to the University of Minnesota football team, its coaches, and its staff

I agree. I thought Glen Mason did a very good job commenting on this game, certainly better than slobbering Lou Holtz on ESPN. For the love of God, Lou and Sid need to retire! But I digress, Mason is a very honorable gentleman the way he handled this situation. He said he loves going to Gopher practices. How many former coaches who were fired would do that?
I thought Mason was a gopher advocate as well. And while in principal, I agree with your assessment of Sid and Lou, for some reason I do enjoy Holtz's "pep talks" on espn....

Top Bottom