Sid: Gophers only in because Tubby is coach

It's all about listenership. The world loves a good whipping boy especially sports radio. Gophers made themselves a great target. It's short sighted in that it tears down the world that wirites your paycheck. My hope is that when we are in the hunt for championships they look like idiots. Most likely they'll simply jump on the band wagon and get an even bigger paycheck, such is life.

Sid is old, but he shouldn't be lumped with the rest of the idiots. He's always been pro-gopher. It's a good bet I would not be a gopher fan if not for hearing Sid talk about them on 'CCO, and writing about them in the strib for my whole life. There was a time when that's all the coverage there was. He'll have my respect for ever no matter how blabberingly incoherent he gets.

Sid is old, but he shouldn't be lumped with the rest of the idiots. He's always been pro-gopher. It's a good bet I would not be a gopher fan if not for hearing Sid talk about them on 'CCO, and writing about them in the strib for my whole life. There was a time when that's all the coverage there was. He'll have my respect for ever no matter how blabberingly incoherent he gets.
Actually, this is probably pretty accurate.

I agree...

It's all about listenership. The world loves a good whipping boy especially sports radio. Gophers made themselves a great target. It's short sighted in that it tears down the world that wirites your paycheck. My hope is that when we are in the hunt for championships they look like idiots. Most likely they'll simply jump on the band wagon and get an even bigger paycheck, such is life.

Me too. He did a lot for sports in this community.

I cant wait for him to say Hoffarber and Mbakwe in a sentence !! Wish I had a nickle for every time he has flubbed Hoffarbers name!

Me too. He did a lot for sports in this community.

I cant wait for him to say Hoffarber and Mbakwe in a sentence !! Wish I had a nickle for every time he has flubbed Hoffarbers name!

That's not as bad as my grandfather never could get Kirby Puckett right - it was always Kirby Plunkett.

Top Bottom