Sid Confident of White's Return

Any chance we could just change the never utilized basketball recruiting board into a Royce White message board? That way when I come to Gopherhole looking to learn and further my knowledge of Gopher Basketball I could just skip bogging down my few remaining brain cells with Royce White chatter by avoiding it entirely.

That way when I come to Gopherhole looking to learn and further my knowledge of Gopher Basketball I could just skip bogging down my few remaining brain cells with Royce White chatter by avoiding it entirely.

I guess the second option is to not click on a post with his name on it. But, that's just me.

I guess the second option is to not click on a post with his name on it. But, that's just me.

This does seem like the logical choice, but being yet another eternal optimist, I guess I can't help myself. Time and again I trick myself into thinking there is something to report and this savior who I admittedly have never seen play will be coming to suit up for the Gophers. I guess I just need to learn to handle the temptation a little better, and scroll past the hundreds of reminders.

Anything printed by Sid Hartman should be questioned. Did you know he does very little writing? In fact, rarely does he do anything more than fill in a few transition paragraphs between long, exhausting quotes taken from another reporter.

Like you would know details about how Sid writes his column. :rolleyes: Yes, I'm sure he's been stealing quotes from other reporters for the 67 years he's been writing his column and no one ever called him on it.

Does he take long pieces of interviews from his radio show and insert them into his column? Sure. It's his radio show, he can do what he wants. And a lot of people who read his column probably didn't hear it.

Just because the guy's about to turn 90, it's so en vogue to take shots. Does me make a fair amount of mistakes? Sure. He always did. And maybe it's slowly getting worse. But he's still better then 90% of the media in this market, and we should all be so lucky to be still doing what we love at 90.

Top Bottom