Sid: Cody Lindenberg ready?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Lindenberg ready?

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck doesn’t like to talk much about individual players because he always tries to steer focus onto the team, but he did say that one incoming freshman he is excited to see develop is Cody Lindenberg, the freshman linebacker out of Anoka.

Lindenberg did a little bit of everything for Anoka. He was a standout on defense while also recording 30 receptions for 506 yards and four scores to go along with 233 passing and 150 rushing yards.

“I think I would have had a little bit better of a pulse if we had gotten through spring ball a little bit more, but a guy like Cody Lindenberg, I think he is a young man who is going to be able to give us a lot as a true freshman,” Fleck said. “We’ve only had three practices, but I thought Cody did a great job, giving him a wonderful opportunity to play in the fall in just those three short practices.”

Lindenberg wasn’t a highly touted recruit out of high school. His other offers came from North and South Dakota, South Dakota State and Northern Iowa. But Fleck and his staff have built great relationships with the local high school coaches, and they may have found a real diamond in the rough in Lindenberg.

Go Gophers!!

203 passing, 150 rushing, and 506 receiving? That's a very interesting stat collection. Especially for a kid that plays defense.

It's always easy to root for a local kid. Welcome young stallion.

Top Bottom