Sick to my stomach but a TRUE rivalry is born!!!!

Reaction score
I'm sick to my stomach that we lost but, we played one HELL of a game on D ladies and gentleman!!! Holding that Wisconsin Offense to it's lowest point total of the season (20). We stopped them on 3rd downs, we tackled extremely well and got to the quarter back. When was the last time that you were this confident in our DEFENSE!?!? That's right I said our Defense!

We lost because we turned the ball over, dropped some passes, and missed some throws on offense. We played like their equals and the team that made the most mistakes simply lost the game. We are extremely young on O and Wisky loses a ton of their studs next season!!! We got this next year. Not only were we competitive but they showed some moxie by standing their ground at the end of the game and truly reigniting the HATRED for the BADgers from a players perspective, something that I believe had been lost by being torched for so many years.

I am SOOOOOO pumped for the future!!!! I just hope that Kill and his staff don't take a job at a bigger University because boy o boy can they coach and develop players.

Boy, I really hate to be a wet blanket. But we have a lot of work to truly make this a "rivalry" again.

Wisconsin has won 10 in a row. They won by more than one score in both 2011 and 2013. Before that, they had not won by more than one TD in Minneapolis since 1983. This is the first time the Badgers have won by more than one TD in consecutive games in Minneapolis since 1899/1901.

That said, this team has made a lot of progress this year. It has been a very good season this year. And I am thankful we avoided the sort of blowout @ home that we saw in 2011 against the Badgers.

OK, next year we arrive in Madison with a better quarterback and better receivers. They should practice in the snow all winter.

We lost by 13 at home and for the tenth time in a row.

Definite progress from last year. We also played hard. That's the best that can be said, I'm afraid.

We played our two rivals at home this year. A cynic might say we were never seriously in either game.

We lost by 13 at home and for the tenth time in a row.

Definite progress from last year. We also played hard. That's the best that can be said, I'm afraid.

We played our two rivals at home this year. A cynic might say we were never seriously in either game.

They'd be an idiot then. We were absolutely in the Wisconsin game until about 3 minutes left. We were inside the red zone and a score gets us within another TD to take the lead.

I would also say that the fact we held them to their worst offensive output all season is big progress.

I think the title of this thread is off a bit. This has been a great rivalry for years, just not in the past six or seven (and yes I know we have lost 10 straight, but the blocked punt game would have changed that number!

I think the title of this thread is off a bit. This has been a great rivalry for years, just not in the past six or seven (and yes I know we have lost 10 straight, but the blocked punt game would have changed that number!

Agreed.

It has always been a great rivalry, I have hated the skunks as long as I can remember.

I said a cynic.

Our guys played as hard as I've ever seen them. I'm so proud of their effort.

Philip Nelson is going to beat Wisconsin.

PS: I really bleeping hate Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has won 10 in a row. They won by more than one score in both 2011 and 2013. Before that, they had not won by more than one TD in Minneapolis since 1983. This is the first time the Badgers have won by more than one TD in consecutive games in Minneapolis since 1899/1901.

I think it is worth noting that this is, statistically, the best Wisconsin team we've seen since the 90's. Their running game has only gotten better in Bielema's absence, and their defense is dominant. We've gotten blown out the last two times, but this was a competitive game, which is really impressive considering that this Badger team is better in every statistical category than the Badger teams that blew us out.

I guess I don't put as much stock in a game being a "rivalry" game or not, at least in giving a game an objective analysis. If a team really was able to "get up" for a "rivalry" game, we would have beaten Michigan more than a handful of times since forever. It's about comparative strengths and weaknesses, always has been. This game showed that we are starting to significantly improve some of our comparative weaknesses relative to Wisconsin. When we kept those home games close in the Metrodome, I believe it was because we had certain strengths that played out in our favor, and had nothing to do with us just playing up for a rival.

Top Bottom