SI: Ranking projected Big Ten starting quarterbacks in 2024 (7. Max Brosmer, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

"More explosive?"
"Pass-oriented??"

Murray would like a word with the author.

Crazy stuff!!! Brosmer and the Gophers are 7 out of 18 and almost every QB for most every team is a transfer. If the QB plays well, it seems there might be some opportunity.
Ohio State for instance does not have a good idea who there QB even is.

We have a huge opportunity to do well if we can continue to have a good running game mixed with the passing game. Play calling is going to have to step up to make it all work together. Otherwise its going to be same old, same old.

thats 7 out of 18. with TBD OSU beating out brossmer

18th is rutgers

Athan at Rutgers comes in 18th ...
Van Dyke at WI comes in one ahead of Brosmer.
If Brosmer gives our offense some balance, and let's our WR and TEs play to potential, we might do OK next year, despite the schedule.

At the start of the season I read that AK was 9th (out of 14). I thought he would move up higher once he proved himself.

So the new QB is at 7 out of 86 Big Ten teams now -- is that what it's up to? 7 is not bad. And maybe he proves he's a little better than that?

Athan at Rutgers comes in 18th ...
Van Dyke at WI comes in one ahead of Brosmer.
If Brosmer gives our offense some balance, and let's our WR and TEs play to potential, we might do OK next year, despite the schedule.
Just needs to dependably hit 7-10 yard pass attempts with the occasional PA deep shot to keep the defense honest. If we have an accurate passer, Taylor will have a Ibrahim/MBIII type year.

Just needs to dependably hit 7-10 yard pass attempts with the occasional PA deep shot to keep the defense honest. If we have an accurate passer, Taylor will have a Ibrahim/MBIII type year.

Yes. This is the best take I've seen.

The goal is not to have an "explosive" passing attack, nor is it to be "pass-oriented". The goal is to win games. Darius Taylor and our offensive line will give us the best chance to win.

We simply need competent play at the QB position.

It'd be cool if they just put a modicum of research into these...Malachi Nelson entered the portal for USC like 2 weeks ago.

Crazy stuff!!! Brosmer and the Gophers are 7 out of 18 and almost every QB for most every team is a transfer. If the QB plays well, it seems there might be some opportunity.
And yet somehow that "unnamed" player comes in 4th!!!

It'd probably be better to leave tOSU out for now and do 1-17, then update when they name a starter.

It is pretty unreal that we have hit a point in college football where having a home grown QB is becoming the exception and having a transfer QB is just the norm now.

The goal is not to have an "explosive" passing attack, nor is it to be "pass-oriented". The goal is to win games. Darius Taylor and our offensive line will give us the best chance to win.

LOL.

Nothing says "elite" like striving for "competent."

thats 7 out of 18. with TBD OSU beating out brossmer

18th is rutgers
Seems like a fair list by the AI. See, they will be fair overloads when they takeover! I'd take Brosmer over either OSU QB that played in their bowl game & a 5-star true freshman. Air Noland is a pocket passer so unlikely to start as a true freshman because he can't just run around and beat you with his legs.

Speaking of terrifying true freshman QBs with excellent mobility - Nico Iamaleava at Tennessee!

LOL.

Nothing says "elite" like striving for "competent."

This isn't fantasy football.

Teams achieve elite status by winning. At Minnesota, the best way to win is with a dominant run game and a competent, complimentary passing attack.

This isn't fantasy football.

Teams achieve elite status by winning. At Minnesota, the best way to win is with a dominant run game and a competent, complimentary passing attack.
You are correct, remember a dominate offensive line controlling the line of scrimmage makes the other players better. Controlling the clock controls the scoreboard. "Marriage is the leading cause of divorce."

The W is what is important. Iowa was ugly this year but Special Teams got them the "W" when the offense was crappy. RememberMurry is right.

Agree. If opposing safeties have to pay more respect to our passing game, our RBs should find a more yards each game (assuming our OL play continues to be above average).

Well that's a heck of a lot better than where they had Athan.

I only pay attention to Clint Brewster’s ratings, so HMU when those come out. He nailed Athan at 14 last year, lol

I only pay attention to Clint Brewster’s ratings, so HMU when those come out. He nailed Athan at 14 last year, lol

...and to think I scoffed at and criticized the Brewster thing. I was mesmerized by the WI game last season as much as anyone.

Lol. If he was ranked 12-14 or something everyone would be calling this a lazy article. Especially rating the unknown OSU qb…

I would be happy if our guy was 7th in big ten next season. Would be the best we’ve had since 2019.

Top Bottom