SI has us out!

i never believe in SI. i alway go with espn.com as they more better then SI.

St. Mary's getting a bid in the tourney over MN is a joke...

St. Mary's:
Best 2 wins are Utah State and San Diego State
RPI 47
SOS 148
2 wins vs Top 50
2 terrible losses to Santa Clara (RPI 200) and Portland (119)

Putting Arizona in over us is also a bad call:
19-13 overall, 9-10 in a weak Pac-10
RPI 57
SOS 32
Lost 5 of their last 6 games

Temple is probably a bad call too, unless they win the A10 Tourney:
21-11
RPI 35
SOS 43
But only 2 Top 50 wins
And 3 nasty losses to LaSalle (RPI 116), UMass (RPI 153), and Long Beach St (RPI 157)

Lastly, don't need to mention all the reasons we should get a nod over Wisconsin, but even Lunardi and Gottlieb had us in over Wisconsin last night...so maybe this guy should walk over to their headquarters in Bristol and get on the same page as the "experts."

i never believe in SI. i alway go with espn.com as they more better then SI.

That guy is nuts. No chance that Creighton, Arizona, St. Mary's, and Wisconsin all have stronger resumes that Minnesota. None. And, how does he have Wisconsin a 9-seed and us out altogether? He either is uneducated or an idiot. Neither one is good for him.

I agree with gophersfan that espn is more better than SI and espn is also accurater.

whoooaaaa

I agree with gophersfan that espn is more better than SI and espn is also accurater.

You being a Doctor and all, at least in one of your personalities, I am reluctant to correct you but that should read," and espn is also accurature." I am sure you can Google it ! :)

Minneosta???

Just who is that team?

I know, I know, let he who hasn't done a mis-spelling on the I-net cast the 1st stone!

Troubling to see how many analysts have us out. But, in "Selection Sunday's" prognostication/analysis I trust. Amazing that he does not get paid for his work....

Troubling to see how many analysts have us out.
I haven't seen any other analyst have us out but this guy? What others are there?

Pretty much everyone else I've seen has us in...Lunardi, Gottlieb, Bracketology, etc.?

see the Nessler thread

Also, the annoying former Notre Dame coach, Digger Phelps.....

Like I said in an earlier post, it would depend on who makes it rather then the Gophers and why. The Gophers have better signature wins.

I believe they will make it.

201...to lasy too due it write, just thought I wood ad sum humer to the bored.

Also, the annoying former Notre Dame coach, Digger Phelps.....
Nessler wasn't actually doing an "bracketology," just talking off the top of his head. Digger doesn't want to get us in, but he looked like he his dog died when he realized that the Big 10 is getting at least 7 teams in the Dance.

Neither Nessler nor Digger must look at the actual numbers and resumes, because anyone in the know has us as almost a total lock.

We need Michigan State to open it up against Ohio State to make out 8 point loss seem a little better...everything helps...go Mizzuo

We need Michigan State to open it up against Ohio State to make out 8 point loss seem a little better...everything helps...go Mizzuo
That game really doesn't matter at all.

If you're going to worry, watch the MSU vs LSU game, Auburn v UT, Baylor v Mizzou, and Duquense v. Temple. Those results may decide our fate.

If we are not in and either Wisconsin or Penn State are in, I'll pretty much lose any interest in watching this tournament. I'll have zero interest in watching us in a NIT game. If that sounds like sour grapes, it's because it is! I'll move all sports interest over to golf and Gopher football.

No chance that Creighton, Arizona, St. Mary's, and Wisconsin all have stronger resumes that Minnesota. None.

Couldn't agree more with this. If the brackets came out and ONE of these teams snuck in ahead of Minnesota, it would be upsetting but wouldn't completely disgust me. If all four of these teams get in ahead of Minnesota, it would be the screw jobs of screw jobs.

That guy is nuts... He either is uneducated or an idiot.

It would be great to ask him to compare the resumes head-to-head and see what he would have to say. The criteria is clearly different for each. In some comparisons, he'd point to SOS difference, in other he'd point to Top 50 victories, etc. The problem is, no consistent combination of factors could be applied to all four of these teams against Minnesota one-on-one and warrant all four going instead of Minnesota. You can't change your selection formula based on which two teams you're comparing.

Maybe his criteria is avoiding the middle of the alphabet. That would consistently choose against Minnesota. :)

Don't care about what any of these knobs think. Especially Phelps. He's too busy crying into his green beer about how bad the Irish are and probably still trying to think of a way to try and convince people that Notre Dame should make the NCAAs.

As for the SI guy, he's been trying to find a way to get less Big Ten teams in. National media members have been crying about the Big Ten's rumored eight bids for more than two weeks and this kind of mock bracket shows that. For that reason alone, its important to understand that all of these guys and their predictions are based heavily on personal biases. Stephen Bardo came up with a good one about Michigan, for instance, when he said he would pick the Wolverines over the Gophers during their game telecast because of their stronger non-conference schedule.

Everybody has their own way of judging such things. And the media types are no different. They have the teams they like regardless and then they have the teams they tend to leave out as part of their spiel. ESPN openly politics for some teams during their games and shows.

Thankfully, none of these knuckleheads have any say in the final selection, which ultimately helps save those of us they consider "fly-over country."

Top Bottom