SI Floats Ciarrocca to Nebraska

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Pernell lists four main candidates and lists Ciarrocca as someone else that should be considered. The four main candidates are Tom Herman and the current OCs at Wake Forest, Miami, and Arkansas…

“How about Kirk Ciarrocca? He was a longtime assistant for PJ Fleck, dating back to their time at Western Michigan. He orchestrated a balanced attack with the Gophers and was a semifinalist for the Broyles Award in 2019. He left to join James Franklin's staff at Penn State in 2020 but was fired after the Nittany Lions underperformed during the abbreviated COVID season. He's currently an offensive analyst at West Virginia and has received a lot of praise for his work with the Mountaineers. There's some scuttlebutt Neal Brown plans to promoted him to coordinator.”

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska...st-in-his-search-for-an-offensive-coordinator

Is there bad blood between PJ and Ciarrocca? Him leaving has really set PJ and gopher football back.

Wow the entire time I thought this thread was for the Head Coaching job at Nebraska. I am not a great football mind.

I thought the whole thing was that he wanted to get back out East, closer to family in Pennsylvania?

(Morgantown, ie the U of WV, is very close to Pittsburgh)

Wouldn't make sense for him to go to an even more isolated part of the West.

why any coach would want to hitch to a potential dead man walking coach is beyond me

I think he comes to Minnesota. The rare message board idea that comes true. Makes a lot of sense for both parties.

Warren Ruggiero, the WF OC will be in very high demand I would imagine.

Warren Ruggiero, the WF OC will be in very high demand I would imagine.
I can’t imagine someone in his position would consider Nebraska for more than a second given how hot Frost’s seat is.

I think he comes to Minnesota. The rare message board idea that comes true. Makes a lot of sense for both parties.
Can we make Sanford to Nebraska a message board idea that comes true? Nebraska could say they poached an OC from a P5 program, and Minnesota fans would be mostly happy. That’s a win-win if I’ve ever heard one. Plus, I would like to see what Adrian Martinez looks like with a year of Sanford’s esteemed coaching under his belt…

Ciarrocca ain't going to Nebraska. Neither is Tom Herman who will end up as a head coach somewhere next season.

I love Kirk Ciarrocca

My favorite memory of him is when PJ talked about him after the Penn State game. Skip to 5:30

I can’t imagine someone in his position would consider Nebraska for more than a second given how hot Frost’s seat is.
Yeah, he’s been with Clawson for a long time and is older than him. So might be lifer. Impressive job he had done though.

why any coach would want to hitch to a potential dead man walking coach is beyond me
Any coach that takes that job will get a minimum of a 2 and more likely a 3 year guarantee at or close to 1 million per year. Even if it doesn’t work out you have a nice nest egg to rely on while looking for another gig.

Any coach that takes that job will get a minimum of a 2 and more likely a 3 year guarantee at or close to 1 million per year. Even if it doesn’t work out you have a nice nest egg to rely on while looking for another gig.
Yeah. 2-3 years of salary for one year of work might be real appealing tbh

Exactly why the vikings have a nepotism problem on the coaching staff. Nobody wants to attach themselves to Zimmer (track record of throwin coordinators under the bus) and they hire Mike and Gary's sons.

We have boosters?
The Norwegian!

539416_326661734098415_557631214_n.jpg

We’ll see. I don’t think the AD lowered Frost’s buyout just so he can pay a buyout to an OC instead.

Top Bottom