SI Article: Cory Joseph and Prep Canadian PGs

He looks strong in that photo... He will have an NBA body in another year, easily.

cory-joseph-jordan.jpg

Nice. Even SI is plugging Texas: "If Joseph were to choose the Longhorns, who desperately need a point guard..." :mad:

Good grief. Does Texas really need help recruiting? I'm sure the Longhorns have someone capable of running the point if Cory goes elsewhere. :rolleyes:

School graduates are the diaspora. See Andy Katz on ESPN trumpeting bucky.

I'm sure the Longhorns have someone capable of running the point if Cory goes elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Actually, we don't.

Balbay started, but he can't score and he had a serious injury last season.
Ward would have possibly started but had a serious injury before he even got a chance to play last season. He's also more of a defensive guard.
J'Covan Brown is a hot head and a drama queen. He can score, but he's got work to do between the ears. I think he'd be a better SG.
And Jai Lucas is a joke.

So we have a few PGs that can't score, and one that can but is a meltdown waiting to happen.

If you had watched any of Texas' games once conference play began it would have been obvious to you that we don't have a legit PG, but I'm guessing you didn't.

so

Actually, we don't.

Balbay started, but he can't score and he had a serious injury last season.
Ward would have possibly started but had a serious injury before he even got a chance to play last season. He's also more of a defensive guard.
J'Covan Brown is a hot head and a drama queen. He can score, but he's got work to do between the ears. I think he'd be a better SG.
And Jai Lucas is a joke.

So we have a few PGs that can't score, and one that can but is a meltdown waiting to happen.

If you had watched any of Texas' games once conference play began it would have been obvious to you that we don't have a legit PG, but I'm guessing you didn't.

so Texas already has 4 PGs and doesn't need another, let Cory know you're already stocked with 4 PGs.

so Texas already has 4 PGs and doesn't need another, let Cory know you're already stocked with 4 PGs.

LOL... yeah, I like that his post was "no, we don't" followed by a list of the four point guards they do have on the roster.

MN is the best fit for Cory. I know I'm biased but it's true.

Actually, we don't.

I watched a fair amount of Texas' games, and my impression is that you have a hell of a recruiter who can't coach. There is no reason, with the talent they had at point, to have not developed a plan or a player.

Look at what Tubby with with Devoe. I don't think many people would have thought of his as a reasonable answer to the point at the beginning of the year.

I guess you missed the point of my post, which was that Texas doesn't have someone "capable" of running the PG position IMO.

Jai Lucas is a better SG prospect, and so is J'Covan Brown.

Dogus Balbay and Varez Ward are both decent backup PGs in my eyes, but both suffered serious injuries last season.

So in conclusion... we DON'T have any capable PGs on the roster.

I listed two PGs that should and could be moved to SG and two PGs coming off serious injuries that also lack much of an offensive game at all.

But yes, tell yourself that Texas has 4 legit PGs if it makes you feel better. They don't.

LOL... yeah, I like that his post was "no, we don't" followed by a list of the four point guards they do have on the roster.

MN is the best fit for Cory. I know I'm biased but it's true.

lol... tee hee... giggle... tiddlywinks...

Grow up.

The comment was made that Texas has someone capable of running the point already. I'm saying we don't.

Now you may go back to giggling and loling like a little schoolgirl.

There is no reason, with the talent they had at point, to have not developed a plan or a player.

First off, what "talent"?

I agree that if Balbay was going to run the point his shot needed to be developed. It hasn't been. The poor guy can't even make layups half the time.

Ward may have been a decent option, but he got injured.

Jai Lucas is a joke and I'm glad he wasn't on scholarship last season. NO talent there whatsoever.

Brown is the most "talented" but he was coming off a year off of basketball, and he's a headcase. I'm hoping Barnes can mold him into a better player, but we'll have to see.

But seriously, since you've watched some Texas basketball last season, please enlighten me on this "talent" at the position that needed to be developed? I eagerly await your insightful take on the subject after you've watched "a fair amount of Texas games".

First off, what "talent"?

I agree that if Balbay was going to run the point his shot needed to be developed. It hasn't been. The poor guy can't even make layups half the time.

Ward may have been a decent option, but he got injured.

Jai Lucas is a joke and I'm glad he wasn't on scholarship last season. NO talent there whatsoever.

Brown is the most "talented" but he was coming off a year off of basketball, and he's a headcase. I'm hoping Barnes can mold him into a better player, but we'll have to see.

But seriously, since you've watched some Texas basketball last season, please enlighten me on this "talent" at the position that needed to be developed? I eagerly await your insightful take on the subject after you've watched "a fair amount of Texas games".

I think you answered your own post
"I agree that if Balbay was going to run the point his shot needed to be developed." He needs coaching, and I think Barnes is a sub par coach.
"Brown is the most "talented" but he was coming off a year off of basketball, and he's a headcase." He needs coaching, and I think Barnes is a sub par coach.
J'Covan Brown is a talented SG prospect, but so was Devoe Joseph, but through hard work and good coaching, he turned into a fine (not great, but fine) PG at the end of the season. J'Covan Brown could have used some coaching to run the point, and I think Barnes is a sub par coach.

Stop taking this personally, or as a slam on Texas basketball. You're sloughing it off as there is a dearth of talent in the backcourt, and my assertion is that Barnes sucks...as a coach, but he's proven to be a hell of a recruiter.

I think you answered your own post
"I agree that if Balbay was going to run the point his shot needed to be developed." He needs coaching, and I think Barnes is a sub par coach.
"Brown is the most "talented" but he was coming off a year off of basketball, and he's a headcase." He needs coaching, and I think Barnes is a sub par coach.
J'Covan Brown is a talented SG prospect, but so was Devoe Joseph, but through hard work and good coaching, he turned into a fine (not great, but fine) PG at the end of the season. J'Covan Brown could have used some coaching to run the point, and I think Barnes is a sub par coach.

Stop taking this personally, or as a slam on Texas basketball. You're sloughing it off as there is a dearth of talent in the backcourt, and my assertion is that Barnes sucks...as a coach, but he's proven to be a hell of a recruiter.

I'm not taking anything personally. I don't know how you could deduce that.

Barnes IS coaching up Brown, but it's going to take a little time with that kid. He's hard headed but mentally weak. A strange and awful combination for the only real "talent" we have in the backcourt. And certainly not the kind of player I want running my team.

There IS a "dearth" of talent in the backcourt, no matter what you say. We haven't had a legit PG on campus since DJ Augustin left. Texas' best teams were led by legit PGs like TJ Ford and DJ Augustin. You can't deny this. And Joseph could be the next.

Top Bottom