SI Article: "Being forced to leave Gophers destroyed us" - Jerry Kill

This isn't even an article. It's barely a blurb. Clickbait 101.

They know this will never die. People will be clicking on this 20, 30 years from now and making new threads on Gopherhole about it.

Maybe don’t speculate about someone’s medical health and say things like “they have no one to blame but themselves.” It doesn’t reflect well on you and you (or any of us) have no idea what you’re talking about.
I think the point was that the story Jerry told us about his health and the reality were very different.

That is absolutely true.

I don’t think Jerry had to explain it to anyone, but when he chose to he told a different story than what was happening. His description of his health situation at that last press conference was dramatically different than what he told us for years.

I think that raises questions about a lot of things.

I am not a fan of Kill but I also think what he means by "forced to leave" refers to his health. I think it is easier for all of us to say Kill should have took better care of himself, sleep more, etc. He worked his entire life and he finally made it to the big show, major D1 college football. I would imagine it would be hard for him to change how he has coached football when you have made it to the biggest and the level with the most pressure. Guessing coaching was the easy part of his job, everything else is probably what put him over.

I'm a nobody and the reason I have the job I have is because the guy that had it before had to retire because he cannot get his energy back after his cancer treatments. No one forced him to retire, cancer did.

I think the point was that the story Jerry told us about his health and the reality were very different.

That is absolutely true.

I don’t think Jerry had to explain it to anyone, but when he chose to he told a different story than what was happening. His description of his health situation at that last press conference was dramatically different than what he told us for years.

I think that raises questions about a lot of things.

Had to go back to a thread that's been dormant for six weeks. Nice job trying to deflect the focus from the team's present problems. At least you tried.:drink:

Jerry made a power play for the AD job. He swung and missed. It was an all or nothing move.
He was very vocal about not wanting to be an AD when he had to step in at SIU and be an interim. What is your source that he wanted to be the AD at MN?

Had he stayed away from coaching for a few years to get his health in order, I might buy this narrative.
I wasn't saying cancer forced him to retire - that was a personal example I used.

Essentially, Kill did step away from coaching to get his health in order.

I feel like I have to go take a shower for defending Kill. Ick.

Top Bottom