SI All-Bowl Team

SMU GOPHS FAN

Reaction score
Michael Carter was chosen for the SI All-Bowl Team.

CB Michael Carter, Minnesota: Though the Gophers eventually fell short in their bid to upset Texas Tech, Carter turned in a memorable Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas. Minnesota's senior corner intercepted Red Raiders quarterback Seth Doege on back-to-back drives in the fourth quarter.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...college-football-all-bowl-team/#ixzz2HgSqd62l

good for carter. he's been the anchor of our D all year and this is well deserved after a very solid bowl showing against a tough passing attack

It is what it is but man does it make you wonder what if he would have dedicated himself from the get go.

I recall a comment from Mike Carter on signing day that he was going to play three years at the U (assumption that he'd leave for the NFL). I bet he wishes he could go back and slap that kid. I wish him luck and really hope he makes it (I think he will).

Carter had one of the best series I have ever seen in NCAA or the NFL. His back, to back, to back break ups ending with a pick 6 vs Purdue was insane.

Carter had one of the best series I have ever seen in NCAA or the NFL. His back, to back, to back break ups ending with a pick 6 vs Purdue was insane.
Even more insane was that they kept throwing at him.

That was just plain awesome!

I wish I could watch that on a continuous loop.

Top Bottom