Shuttle Service Times

GopherGod

Reaction score
Does anyone know how early the shuttles will start running from the various lots to the stadium? I am curious as there will be some games where I may just want to go to the bars around the stadium rather than tailgating in the lots.

Typically before the games at the METRODOME, they started 2 hours before games and ran 45 minutes after the game, while going throughout the game.

I am not sure the times or what they have planned with the stadium moving back to campus.

I'm betting on parking and transportation services screwing this up royally. I can see long, long lines of disgruntled fans waiting at the State Fair parking lot as the ball is kicked off against Air Force.

I'm betting on parking and transportation services screwing this up royally. I can see long, long lines of disgruntled fans waiting at the State Fair parking lot as the ball is kicked off against Air Force.

I was afraid of that as well which is why I picked a regular parking lot within close walking distance to the stadium since I will probably be hitting the bars most of the time anyways before games. Should I want to go to an actual tailgate instead of meeting people at the bars I figured I could always park my vehicle in the ramp and then catch a ride with friends to their tailgate spot early in the mornings. It will be interesting as well to see how effective they are at regulating tailgating in the non-tailgating parking ramps with all of the other crowd control and traffic issues they will have to worry about down on the street.

The U maintains a constant stream of buses on campus every day, and there's no traffic to encounter on the road between St. Paul and East Bank (only buses can use that route).

What makes you think that they're going to screw this up royally?

The U maintains a constant stream of buses on campus every day, and there's no traffic to encounter on the road between St. Paul and East Bank (only buses can use that route).

What makes you think that they're going to screw this up royally?

A wonderful dose of Minnesota pessimism. :rolleyes:

We're parking on the WB b/c we didn't want the longer bus ride plus we can walk when we choose. But we weren't worried about getting from STP to the stadium on time. Could they screw this up? Sure. Will they? I'm kinda doubting it. If anything I would think/hope that they'd go overboard with the buses to be sure there aren't any problems and trim them back as a clear picture of the demand emerges. The one surefire way to screw it up would be to ignore the fact that in the last hour before kickoff a huge hoard of folks are going to try to head to TCF at once and provide too few buses during that period.

Top Bottom