Should Maturi give Brewster an extension THIS offseason?

Should Maturi give Brewster an extension THIS offseason?

• Yes

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
He's not, relatively speaking, being paid big bucks. He's making less than half of what Mason did.

He is getting a fair salary for what he his background and experience level is at this point.

He still have 3 years left on his deal, more than enough time to not drastically impact recruiting IMHO. I think it is still to premature and Maturi can easily wait one more season. I also think his salary is market value for what his experience level was when he was hired.

The kids he will be recruiting for next year's class will see only 2 years left on his contract, which may impact recruiting. He's done what's been asked of him for the first 2 years of his contract, so I say extend him 2 years with a small raise and include a buyout in case the program crashes. If the program takes off and we get to a January bowl, then Maturi can always give him another raise, or build it into the extended contract now as a bonus.

He still have 3 years left on his deal, more than enough time to not drastically impact recruiting IMHO. I think it is still to premature and Maturi can easily wait one more season. I also think his salary is market value for what his experience level was when he was hired.

Like someone else said, it's 2 more years on his contract for 2010 recruits (since the 2009 class is less than one month from signing).
Maturi will not fire Brewster - barring some scandal - after next year's season. So with that in mind, extend him now, so you won't have to later, because you will HAVE to after next season. Extending him this offseason instead of next gives you one less year that you need to keep him around if he doesn't perform to expectations and one year cheaper of a buyout if that is the case. This makes a lot of sense. Everyone is just scared because of what happened with Mason's contract/buyout.
Maturi's decision to extend or not is a business decision, not an emotional one about if this coach is the long term future of our program.

>>This makes a lot of sense.<<

The contract's original five years didn't make sense. Don't compound the problem now. Extensions before they're earned...boo, hiss!

Like someone else said, it's 2 more years on his contract for 2010 recruits (since the 2009 class is less than one month from signing).
Maturi will not fire Brewster - barring some scandal - after next year's season. So with that in mind, extend him now, so you won't have to later, because you will HAVE to after next season. Extending him this offseason instead of next gives you one less year that you need to keep him around if he doesn't perform to expectations and one year cheaper of a buyout if that is the case. This makes a lot of sense. Everyone is just scared because of what happened with Mason's contract/buyout.
Maturi's decision to extend or not is a business decision, not an emotional one about if this coach is the long term future of our program.

Do we really want Maturi making business decisions, his business decisions are why the athletic dept. is in the red and we had to pay two departed coaches a ton of money.

I can't believe this vote is as close as it is.

seriously...why is it? you people have either been smoking something, or should i say drinking the brewster kool-aid?

you know, you can support your school and the football program, and still not agree with everything the ad and hc do. it's actually more supportive when you question a contract extension this early in the process...because you don't want your program to be paying out 3 buyouts at once.

seriously...why is it? you people have either been smoking something, or should i say drinking the brewster kool-aid?

you know, you can support your school and the football program, and still not agree with everything the ad and hc do. it's actually more supportive when you question a contract extension this early in the process...because you don't want your program to be paying out 3 buyouts at once.

Thank you MilesTarver.

Top Bottom