Should Coffey take the ball up?

march madness

Reaction score
Since Mason is struggling, would it make sense to let Coffey take the ball up for last second shots, end of game plays? He has the height, length, and athleticism to get a decent look.

Of course this is assuming the defense is playing a SF on him. He is a good ball handler for his size and position, but I am not sure he is great bringing it up against a quality pg.

Since Mason is struggling, would it make sense to let Coffey take the ball up for last second shots, end of game plays? He has the height, length, and athleticism to get a decent look.

Of course this is assuming the defense is playing a SF on him. He is a good ball handler for his size and position, but I am not sure he is great bringing it up against a quality pg.

Coffey has been equally unsuccessful in those situations.

I say the player who is 'on' during the game should take it up. Switching once or twice per game would impress upon each of them the need to think and stay focused during the game.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They should have offensive sets where he does, but I'm philosophically against doing something or anything all the time. The defense should not know what's coming next. The Gophers have a natural advantage with Coffey's ability to handle the ball, and that's been underutilized so far this year.

Coffey seems to be the primary in-bounder so someone else would have to throw it in and that could cause problems.

How about passing the ball to get a good shot?
Not just going with whoever brings the ball up.

Top Bottom