Shooter: You won’t hear a more professional and objective radio football broadcast than the Gophers’ Mike Grimm and Darrell Thompson.

disco

Reaction score
Great team. So much better than Dave "Country Hearth Bread" Lee, or that no talent hack homer who does the Vikings games.

Tlsbhansen

Reaction score
I guess the bar must be pretty low. Grimm is almost as bad as PA in how many times he needs to correct himself on the players involved, down, yards gained, yards to go. Painful to listen to sometimes.

Jack jones

Reaction score
PA couldn’t toe Grimms shores. He is not even in the same stratosphere as Grimm.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Grimm IMHO is better on football than he is on basketball. at least doing football he does not spend as much time second-guessing the officials. on basketball, I swear that he spends as much time complaining about bad calls as he does actually calling play-by-play.

Tech Machine

Reaction score
I should go back to listening on the radio, at least I may be able to get something accomplished. I’m old enough to remember when we could see maybe a game a year, and it was a nice treat. Always liked Ray Christianson, Mike Grimm as well, been a real frustrating season.

Reaction score
Grimm is okay with football and absolutely dreadful with basketball. He whines about the officiating constantly. At times, I have been listening in the car and then go back and watch what he was all heated about on the DVR. He is always wrong. He does not know the rules or understand officiating. A professional announcer knows their strengths and weaknesses. They avoid going on about topics they don't know. Not Grimm. Just brutal.

Top Bottom