Shooter with an update on the Gophers who transferred

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Transferred Gophers basketball players: Marcus Carr, who averaged 19.4 points for Minnesota last season, is averaging 10.1 for Texas and leads in assists with 3.4 per game. The Longhorns are the third college team for which Carr has played.

Gabe Kalscher, who as team captain averaged 9.2 points for Minnesota last season, is averaging 10.2 for Iowa State and is the Cyclones’ second-leading scorer. But in a 77-72 loss to No. 1 Baylor last week, the DeLaSalle grad went scoreless and committed six turnovers.

Liam Robbins, the 7-footer who averaged 11.7 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.7 blocked shots for Minnesota, still hasn’t played for Vanderbilt after an early season foot injury.

Jamal Mashburn, who averaged 8.2 points and 1.6 rebounds for Minnesota last season, is the leading scorer (18.2 points per game) for ex-Gophers coach Richard Pitino at New Mexico (7-7, 11th in the Mountain West Conference).

Tre Williams, who for Minnesota averaged 5.8 points and 2.5 rebounds, is averaging 3.8 points and 1.9 rebounds for Oregon State.

Go Gophers!!

Carr and Washburn switch stats and everyone else has similar numbers.
Yeah, Gabe's shot still looks broke too. I don't know if I've seen seen a guy have such a decline in shooting. He is actually averaging under a point/shot and 1.5 TO/Assist. He has been a pretty bad offensive player.

He still plays hard and is a good defensive player though.

Yeah, Gabe's shot still looks broke too. I don't know if I've seen seen a guy have such a decline in shooting. He is actually averaging under a point/shot and 1.5 TO/Assist. He has been a pretty bad offensive player.

He still plays hard and is a good defensive player though.
He is currently 15 for 68 - 22% from 3 so far this season. Shocking to see a guy go from 41% from 3 as a freshman down to 22% as a senior.

Seems like a great kid and definitely plays hard on both ends of the court.....but the decline in his 3 pt shooting will always be a mystery. The distance never changed he just suddenly couldn't hit them, almost like a minor case of the yips.

He is currently 15 for 68 - 22% from 3 so far this season. Shocking to see a guy go from 41% from 3 as a freshman down to 22% as a senior.

Seems like a great kid and definitely plays hard on both ends of the court.....but the decline in his 3 pt shooting will always be a mystery. The distance never changed he just suddenly couldn't hit them, almost like a minor case of the yips.
Yes it did, his freshmen year it was 20'9" and it changed to 22'1.75" after that. Obviously had an impact.

Yes it did, his freshmen year it was 20'9" and it changed to 22'1.75" after that. Obviously had an impact.
My bad, totally missed the change in 3 point line at the college level. And yes that certainly could have played into his struggles some but you wouldn't think moving the line back a little over 1 foot would lead to a 20% decline in shooting percentage and that certainly hasn't been the case for most shooters.

If anything you would expect to see a small decline after the change and then an adjustment back up. But for Gabe the shooting percentage just keeps getting worse and worse.

My bad, totally missed the change in 3 point line at the college level. And yes that certainly could have played into his struggles some but you wouldn't think moving the line back a little over 1 foot would lead to a 20% decline in shooting percentage and that certainly hasn't been the case for most shooters.

If anything you would expect to see a small decline after the change and then an adjustment back up. But for Gabe the shooting percentage just keeps getting worse and worse.
I think everyone has a range they feel comfortable with, I know I do, get outside that range and your percentages drop considerably. I always figured that your range for error narrows as distance gets greater and at some point the small range just makes you a terrible shooter while others are so exact they can shoot at greater distances.

I think everyone has a range they feel comfortable with, I know I do, get outside that range and your percentages drop considerably. I always figured that your range for error narrows as distance gets greater and at some point the small range just makes you a terrible shooter while others are so exact they can shoot at greater distances.
+1. I’ve found my most productive range has always been within that arc in the paint. Outside that, production drops radically.

I get what you are saying but I just don't think 1 foot would be enough to turn a 40% shooter into a 20% shooter. Could be any number of reasons for the decline but it can't be common to see that big a drop, especially from a D1 level athlete who has been training and playing at a high level his whole life and is constantly working with high level coaches.

Gabe's case is just so odd. His 2pt percentage and free throw percentage has stayed very consistent but his 3 point shooting has gotten worse every year.

I really hope he is able to rediscover the shot that looked so good his freshman and even sophomore years. Has to be super frustrating for him to know he has the ability to make that shot but for whatever reason he just can't get them to fall.

+1. I’ve found my most productive range has always been within that arc in the paint. Outside that, production drops radically.
Same here.

When I sit in the recliner I just can eat or drink as much as I do in the upright chair. My production drops off radically, more lame hot takes on the game, just feel out of sync. It messes up my whole night.

Sounds like I’ve played Around the World with you before.

Tre Williams really made a bad decision from a purely basketball standpoint. He'd be playing a ton.
I dont think he would be, this coaching staff puts a premium on making good decisions and he didnt make many of them. Theres a reason hes only playing 15 minutes a game for a terrible osu team.

Top Bottom