Shooter: "there's concern about the weight of redshirted center Mo Walker"

Cayman's close, but not entirely accurate. The reason he is called Tubby is because he was the youngest of (I believe) 17 kids and the hot water didn't exactly last long for that many kids in the house. When he was young and still small enough, he often bathed in a galvanized metal tub, probably not unlike this:

GalvanizedTub.jpg

Hence, Tubby.

That's an interesting bit of trivia...thanks Cayman. One wonders, if he had liked playing with himself in the bathtub when he was younger, would he now be known as Chubby Smith?

I literally laughed out loud at this, thank you so much.

And thank you dpo, you said almost the same thing Tubby's Wikipedia page said, I knew it was something about a bathtub because I remember wondering, "How did he get the name Tubby? He's not really fat," then learning it had nothing to do with his weight.

Cayman's close, but not entirely accurate. The reason he is called Tubby is because he was the youngest of (I believe) 17 kids and the hot water didn't exactly last long for that many kids in the house. When he was young and still small enough, he often bathed in a galvanized metal tub, probably not unlike this:

GalvanizedTub.jpg

Hence, Tubby.

This is interesting stuff...and great visuals dpo. Remarkable how obscure the origin of some nicknames can be; not at all obvious (see: Urban "Liar" Meyer). Now, let's get busy on Digger Phelps.

Digger Phelps got his name because his dad was an undertaker.

dp-doll is on the right track, but not entirely accurate. Tubby isn't the youngest (he's the sixth oldest) and he got the nickname because he, more than any of the other children, liked being in the tub and didn't want to come out. With so many kids, bath time would be quite an operation - trying to get them in and out of the tub, changing the water every few kids, etc.

You can imagine his parents saying, "c'mon, Tubby... let's go, keep it moving"...

Caught a glance of him today walking down the street. He appears to have his weight well under control. I'm excited to see him get on the court this year.

shooter is more of bs-shooter, making up crapola about concern for Walker in Sept.

Caught a glance of him today walking down the street. He appears to have his weight well under control. I'm excited to see him get on the court this year.
So Wed you spotted Kirkwood in a walking boot...now today you caught a glance of Walker. Are you an athlete stalker?

So Wed you spotted Kirkwood in a walking boot...now today you caught a glance of Walker. Are you an athlete stalker?

If by athlete stalker you mean walking to and from class and noticing big athletic guys in gopher sweats and warmups and wanting to see if I know who they are. Then yes, I'm an athlete stalker. A Gopher Paparazzi if you will. They are pretty hard to miss to be honest with you.

BTW... he was walking with Mav and Mav had what appeared to be a cheeseburger from McDonalds in his hand. Dang, I need to get in to this profession. haha

If by athlete stalker you mean walking to and from class and noticing big athletic guys in gopher sweats and warmups and wanting to see if I know who they are. Then yes, I'm an athlete stalker. A Gopher Paparazzi if you will. They are pretty hard to miss to be honest with you.

BTW... he was walking with Mav and Mav had what appeared to be a cheeseburger from McDonalds in his hand. Dang, I need to get in to this profession. haha

What? You saw student athletes? Walking ON CAMPUS??????? What would they be doing there, this doesn't make any sense...lol

What? You saw student athletes? Walking ON CAMPUS??????? What would they be doing there, this doesn't make any sense...lol

Some people seem to think it's a rare occurrence for some reason (see above).

Top Bottom