Shooter: Plenty of candidates for Gophers job; decision on Pitino was made 10 days ago; Pitino could interview for New Mexico and South Florida

Every team has injuries and players leave...There is no excuse for his pathetic recruiting and player development....Being 40 plus games under .500 doesnt happen because of bad luck...It's a bad program being run.
Yet, just this season they somehow beat undefeated at the time Big Ten champ Michigan and #2 in country, #5 Iowa, #7 Ohio State, #23 Purdue, likely NCAA teams Michigan St and St Louis. How’s that happen?

And of course Coffey, Jordan Murphy, Oturu, Dupree, Joey King, Mo Walker, Nate Mason, Akeem Springs, Marcus Carr...they don’t count either? They didn’t get better?

The next coach could not be any worse....Let's chat in a few years when the program has an actual identity and is a top half big ten team

The next coach could not be any worse....Let's chat in a few years when the program has an actual identity and is a top half big ten team
What was that? Sorry, I was watching the guy YOU want who is in a dog fight with Frenso State

Yet, just this season they somehow beat undefeated at the time Big Ten champ Michigan and #2 in country, #5 Iowa, #7 Ohio State, #23 Purdue, likely NCAA teams Michigan St and St Louis. How’s that happen?

And of course Coffey, Jordan Murphy, Oturu, Dupree, Joey King, Mo Walker, Nate Mason, Akeem Springs, Marcus Carr...they don’t count either? They didn’t get better?
54-96 in the B10....no other BS needed....If you wanna tell me that's good enough than you are an idiot.

Any competent coach should do better. He will no longer be burdened with the incredible
consistently bad luck Pitino endured. You are correct.

54-96 in the B10....no other BS needed....If you wanna tell that's good enough than you are an idiot.
No, you are one who feels empowered to bash Pitino who has accomplished more in life than you will ever achieve.
Nobody, is saying it is not time for a new coach now.

bashing Richard is extremely corny. guy poured his heart and soul into this job and put some great rosters together.

No, you are one who feels empowered to bash Pitino who has accomplished more in life than you will ever achieve.
Nobody, is saying it is not time for a new coach now.
I'm happy with what I have accomplished.....If somebody wants to give me millions of dollars for being a poor coach, that's their problem....Unfortunately I'm not that lucky or have a famous last name.

bashing Richard is extremely corny. guy poured his heart and soul into this job and put some great rosters together.
Great Rosters????....He never sniffed a B10 championship and won one NCAA game....please

Great Rosters????....He never sniffed a B10 championship and won one NCAA game....please
2017-18 was probably the best roster we've had since 97. This year and 16-17 were up there too. Again, the guy has had terrible luck, what part of that don't you understand?

2017-18 was probably the best roster we've had since 97. This year and 16-17 were up there too. Again, the guy has had terrible luck, what part of that don't you understand?
I understand losers make excuses and winners overcome them.

You only get a pass if you're not Richard Pitino. That's how it works on Gopherhole

I'm happy with what I have accomplished.....If somebody wants to give me millions of dollars for being a poor coach, that's their problem....Unfortunately I'm not that lucky or have a famous last name.
Gangsta, I’m happy you are pleased with your accomplishments. At some point if you are fortunate to live a long life...there will unfortunately likely be some bad times.
How you respond will determine how you will be remembered.
It ain’t cool to bash people on the bottom.
Root for Richard to rise up at some place new.
What goes around comes around.
He has had a bunch of “bad days” but his teams rise up for awhile every year. Some day, it’ll happen the whole year.

it's going to be a great day on here when Richard Pitino has a better 1st season at his new school than our 1st year head coach

Sooo...we all believe CoffeyTime and GopherGangsta are the same person right? there is no way this is a legit argument.
I have been on this board for a quite a long time.
...CoffeyTime decided to show up on a random Saturday night and defend the indefensible....He/she is probably related to Richard....To each their own.

I was not aware of the Leon Rice connection to Mark Coyle. He’s a quality coach. He could be a dark horse candidate.

Any competent coach should do better. He will no longer be burdened with the incredible
consistently bad luck Pitino endured. You are correct.
Not just bad luck. No identity, terrible defense, several bad characters. Just not a good teacher. And the excuses , they are for losers. Makes him look like Pee Wee.

it's going to be a great day on here when Richard Pitino has a better 1st season at his new school than our 1st year head coach
I hope Richard does well at his next chance. Not his fault he got hired here nor that he stayed this long.

Bad luck doesn’t last 8 years.

if Pitino does better at a new school in year 1 that happens to better than our new coach in year 1 only says Pitino did better with guys he didn’t recruit. Just like his best shooting team while he was here - year 1 (not Pitino’s guys).

Top Bottom