Shooter: Norwood Teague may be resigning today

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Wow if true:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Translation: practice facility coming in 2045.

WCCO's Steve Thompson chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Or compliance police arriving on Monday. I hope you are correct.

Maybe he got another job.

What has he done to earn a better gig? He didn't hire Jerry, he hasn't gotten facilities, and his basketball coach is still a work in progress.

My bet is some worse news is coming like you said, or he's quitting because he doesn't want to deal with the U's luke warm support of athletics.

Looks like it's official now. Bummer. Not really because he was a fantastic AD, but because this probably means facilities are on hold. Meaning coaches are gonna be pissed.

Go Gophers!!

"I wanted you to be among the first to know that I have accepted the resignation of Gopher Athletics Director Norwood Teague, effective immediately.

Norwood's resignation follows the report of two recent incidents of sexual harassment of two non-student University employees. I will deliver additional comments at a 12:15 p.m. press conference today. Those will be available at discover.umn.edu at that time.

To be clear, sexual harassment will not be tolerated at the University of Minnesota and I sincerely regret that our employees experienced this behavior. The University has an explicit policy and a strong code of conduct that articulates our standards. Ensuring a healthy learning, working and living environment for all in our University community is very important.

My focus is to ensure the wellbeing of our students, faculty, staff and visitors across the University system. I am also working closely with Gopher Athletics to ensure a smooth leadership transition. Beth Goetz, deputy athletics director and senior woman administrator, has agreed to step in as interim athletics director. I have great confidence in our athletics program, its current direction and its recent successes. We will have more information about the next steps for Gopher Athletics within the next couple weeks. Thank you in advance for your patience and continued support for Gopher Athletics during this time.

Sincerely,

Eric W. Kaler
President"

Go Gophers!!

Per KARE 11 reporter:

Go Gophers!!

Per KARE 11 reporter:

Go Gophers!!

Sad, but getting rid of him is the right thing to do. Time to move on. At least we aren't losing coaches yet.

WCCO's Steve Thompson chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Gopher fans would be better off if he would limit his comments to things that are broadcast on the St.Thomas Univ. radio network.

This does hurt Richard's connection to the U. How many times has Richard called him a great AD? Even Rick got in on the action.

This does hurt Richard's connection to the U. How many times has Richard called him a great AD? Even Rick got in on the action.

Ya, but if Richard can't understand why we had to fire him, then he can go to. The U made the right call here.

It definitely hurts Richards connection to the U. If he is successful he now has less reason to stick around. A new AD also has less connection to him. If he sucks a new AD will probably have an easier time cutting ties.

It definitely hurts Richards connection to the U. If he is successful he now has less reason to stick around. A new AD also has less connection to him. If he sucks a new AD will probably have an easier time cutting ties.

Yeah this probably, unless the hire is internal or a friend, gives Pitino 2 years to prove himself. 1 year while the hiring is going on and 1 after the new AD is in place for a bit.

Yeah this probably, unless the hire is internal or a friend, gives Pitino 2 years to prove himself. 1 year while the hiring is going on and 1 after the new AD is in place for a bit.

Barring his own scandal, the only way Pitino leaves after next year is on his accord to a better job.

Oh good lord. Only at the U. Who wants to take bets on our pal Joel coming back?

This is another bad day for Gophers sports both from a fund raising perspective and from a coaching perspective.

One drunken night, two dumb texts, career in toilet. Unbelievable.

Go Gophers!

This is another bad day for Gophers sports both from a fund raising perspective and from a coaching perspective.

One drunken night, two dumb texts, career in toilet. Unbelievable.

I'm kind of with you. Unless this was part of a larger, systematic or pathological pattern of harassment, it doesn't seem to warrant him being forced out.

I'm kind of with you. Unless this was part of a larger, systematic or pathological pattern of harassment, it doesn't seem to warrant him being forced out.

Really? This type of thing would get you fired in most of corporate America as well.

Go Gophers!!

"I wanted you to be among the first to know that I have accepted the resignation of Gopher Athletics Director Norwood Teague, effective immediately.

Norwood's resignation follows the report of two recent incidents of sexual harassment of two non-student University employees. I will deliver additional comments at a 12:15 p.m. press conference today. Those will be available at discover.umn.edu at that time.

To be clear, sexual harassment will not be tolerated at the University of Minnesota and I sincerely regret that our employees experienced this behavior. The University has an explicit policy and a strong code of conduct that articulates our standards. Ensuring a healthy learning, working and living environment for all in our University community is very important.

My focus is to ensure the wellbeing of our students, faculty, staff and visitors across the University system. I am also working closely with Gopher Athletics to ensure a smooth leadership transition. Beth Goetz, deputy athletics director and senior woman administrator, has agreed to step in as interim athletics director. I have great confidence in our athletics program, its current direction and its recent successes. We will have more information about the next steps for Gopher Athletics within the next couple weeks. Thank you in advance for your patience and continued support for Gopher Athletics during this time.

Sincerely,

Eric W. Kaler
President"

Go Gophers!!

Modern day Norm Green

I'd have to see the actual content of the text messages before I would say that it doesn't warrant him being forced out. I'm just saying it's unbelievable how things can change in 24 hours at this place. I log on to Gopher Hole with apprehension every day.

It will be interesting to see how the facilities project is effected. What kind of donations were in the pipeline who may back up because if this. Imagine kaler is doing damage control right now. On the other hand with 70million raised slit if heavy lifting has been done as well.

Top Bottom