Shooter: Murray Warmath, who coached the Gophers to two straight Rose Bowls, had a career-high salary of $37,500.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Shooter:

—Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck makes $6 million a season; Kirby Smart, coach of back-to-back national champion Georgia, makes $10.5 million.

—Murray Warmath, who coached the Gophers to two straight Rose Bowls, had a career-high salary of $37,500.

Go Gophers!!

Things change Charley. NFL players make more today then they did then too. Sports have taken on a different level of importance. Guess what Charley that’s the equivalent of $400,000 in todays dollars. Still not a bad gig.

Per Shooter:

—Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck makes $6 million a season; Kirby Smart, coach of back-to-back national champion Georgia, makes $10.5 million.

—Murray Warmath, who coached the Gophers to two straight Rose Bowls, had a career-high salary of $37,500.

Go Gophers!!
$37,500 in today's dollars would be $383,915.86 still a far cry from PJ'S salary.

Can you remind me what the B1G TV contract amount was in the last year of Warmath’s tenure? I’ll hang up and listen.
In addition the U didn't have to compete with southern schools for African-American athletes. No NIL concerns and the tuition was in the hundreds not the thousands.

You don't have to go back as far as Warmath to illustrate how the financial landscape has changed. Just go back to when Mason was coach here and look at coaching salaries across college football and then compare them to today. The jump in coaches salaries in just the past 15 or so years has been astronomical.

I feel like he repeats this column every year...

I feel like he repeats this column every year...
I don't ever click on his stuff but that would not surprise me one bit to find out he recycles his bits and reposts stuff once he feels like enough time has passed that his readers probably won't notice it. :)

I don't ever click on his stuff but that would not surprise me one bit to find out he recycles his bits and reposts stuff once he feels like enough time has passed that his readers probably won't notice it. :)
I don't either, just basing it off seeing it posted on GH Guessing Bleed can confirm since he's gotta post this stuff out here.

If Charley is making more than that his employer is getting screwed.

FYI an annual daily delivery subscription is up over $1600. No discounts. Where is the justice in what is nothing more than fish wrap?

just for fun - I have a scorecard from a Cubs game at Wrigley Field - from June 12, 1968.

Box Seats were $3.50 - Grandstand $1.50 - Bleachers $1.

an adult-size Cubs Jacket - $10.50. A Sweatshirt - $3.

a pack of cigarettes (sold at the ballpark) 40-cents.

A beer - Bud or Old Style - 45-cents. 30-cents for a Hot Dog. 25-cents for a Frosty Malt.
25-cents for peanuts.

if you're wondering - Cubs beat the Reds 4-1. Ron Santo with a HR and a ground-rule 2B and 2 RBI for the Cubbies. Tony Perez with a HR for the Reds.

Top Bottom