Shooter: Jerry Kill's salary headed toward $2.2 million

The details are what matters.

At any rate, terminations provisions are key. Don't see JK around for more than 2 years, but a poorly constructed deal could change my view on that.

(PS - JK's not really the lowest paid Big Ten football coach.)

Whew Negy Nellie! You are a heart burn right after a good meal.

In what sport and what years did we win 7 national titles?

If you don't think Coach Kill is on other team's radar, you're naive. They will eagerly pay him this type of money to lure him and his staff away from Minny. Perhaps your attitude is "good riddance". If it is, you would be in a very small minority opinion among Gopher fans. His and his staff's salaries are the lowest in the B1G. Kill and Co. are better than at least six other programs in the conference including Rutgers and Maryland and deserved to be paid accordingly.

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0,

Your moniker suggests the University of Minnesota holds 7 national titles? In what sport? In football? If so, please enumerate what years we earned the 7 national titles. I am confused. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0,

Your moniker suggests the University of Minnesota holds 7 national titles? In what sport? In football? If so, please enumerate what years we earned the 7 national titles. I am confused. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Football. 1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960

Giving Kill the raise he deserves is a great use of money. In 3 years, he took a team that got their a$$ kicked by South Dakota to a team that beat Nebraska and Penn St. and won 4 B1G games in a row for the first time in 40 years.

Great job Jerry!

It's amazing to me how much money talks, when all it ever says to me is "Good Bye".

How much is left to pay on Tubby's and Brewster's buyout? Mason's is done right?

Don't believe what you hear. Per the terms of their contracts, they were to be paid on the way out. They've been owed $0 for a long, long time.

When people say, "we're still paying..." they are talking nonsense / playing games on paper. The cash is long gone, out the door.
--------------

Anyone want to bet the Gophers reach 8 regular season wins again in either of the next two seasons? If they get to 8, you win; 7 or fewer I win.

Anyone want to bet the Gophers reach 8 regular season wins again in either of the next two seasons? If they get to 8, you win; 7 or fewer I win.

What the fu*k are you doing in this board? You want to revel in the Minnesota football team failing on the field and are a huge doosh. Get the fu*k out of here.

Don't believe what you hear. Per the terms of their contracts, they were to be paid on the way out. They've been owed $0 for a long, long time.

When people say, "we're still paying..." they are talking nonsense / playing games on paper. The cash is long gone, out the door.
--------------

So those reports the athletic dept had to borrow from the general fund to make those payments were false? Or does repaying those loans not count?

So those reports the athletic dept had to borrow from the general fund to make those payments were false? Or does repaying those loans not count?

Or in less snarky words, elaborate and prove what you say. :)

--------------

Let me make sure I understand the bet correctly: if, in either of the next two seasons, the Gophers match their 8 win total from this season I win, if in both seasons, they fail to achieve that you win? And it will be an even money bet? Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post

Or in less snarky words, elaborate and prove what you say. :)

I appreciate your clarification but I thought station19 used great restraint in his choice of words, given what appears to be another inaccurate statement by Gopher Warrior.:rolleyes:

--------------

How about this: If the Gophers win 8+ games, you never post here again. Deal?

Station1.9 - I meant exactly what I said.

Let me make sure I understand the bet correctly: if, in either of the next two seasons, the Gophers match their 8 win total from this season I win, if in both seasons, they fail to achieve that you win? And it will be an even money bet? Sign me up.

Yes - if Minnesota matches (or exceeds) their 8 regular season wins in either of the next two seasons, you win. If they fail to do so in both seasons, I win. Even bet is fine. PM me with how much you are comfortable contributing.

Station1.9 - I meant exactly what I said.

Yes - if Minnesota matches (or exceeds) their 8 regular season wins in either of the next two seasons, you win. If they fail to do so in both seasons, I win. Even bet is fine. PM me with how much you are comfortable contributing.

I fool and his money is soon parted. A person who makes bets after he lets hatred control his emotions and thought process is a fool. You may not be loved here but Las Vegas will love you.

I fool and his money is soon parted. A person who makes bets after he lets hatred control his emotions and thought process is a fool. You may not be loved here but Las Vegas will love you.

Well put. :rolleyes:

My thoughts on Kill and the state of the program have nothing to do with emotions. Feel free to "take advantage" if you feel otherwise.

Well put. :rolleyes:

My thoughts on Kill and the state of the program have nothing to do with emotions. Feel free to "take advantage" if you feel otherwise.

Betting on football is dependent upon so many things that you don't have control of yet you seem so certain that you are right. You say it isn't emotion but it sure sounds like that to me. I would find it very interesting to hear you explain and make your case as to why you think you will win this bet.

The NCAA recognizes Pennsylvania and Michigan as national champions in 1904. Claiming the championship that year is not legitimate, especially given our weak schedule.
http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

The NCAA doesn't recognize any national titles at the FBS level. Complain to the U about the school itself recognizing the title if it bothers you so much.

Top Bottom