Shooter: It will be interesting to see if Coyle realizes the value Kill could bring

I don't know if Kill was playing the media or not, but Jerry is a smart dude, I'm sure he could if he wanted.

At the same time if he was hyper skilled at playing the media you'd think he would have kept the star trib from coming at him not long before he quit.

I don't think you need to really play the local media much at all to get them to pick up stories to directly and indirectly bitch about the U, they do that fine on their own.

- 1 Big Ten Coach of the Year
- Big ten record was 8-24 in 4 years prior to his arrival, he went 13-19 in his 4 full years
- Overall record was 17-33 in 4 years prior to his arrival, he went 25-26 in his 4 full years
- 2007-2013 had 4 NFL Draft Picks, 2014-2016 had 8 NFL Draft Picks (includes 2 second rounders)
- Team was playing for a conference championship game bid in the last week of the season in his last full season
- Extremely respected by Minnesota High School Football Coaches and coaches across America.
- I don't have the data, but I read the APR is night and day better
- Very few off the field issues.

He wasn't the best coach to walk the Earth, but he walked into a train wreck of a program and turned it around quickly. Visually, the players were playing harder, with much more discipline, and the talent level was drastically better.

It was announced that Kill has took the job he had been lobbying for here. Great news.[emoji41]

With his track record?

It's all just guesswork.

As long as he is at peace with not coaching Kill will do just fine in an admin role, I don't think that was ever a major concern. There are just far too many people that had it in their heads that it was vital that the U find a way to keep Kill here. The reality is that in an admin capacity he will fade into the background and become a non-factor to anyone not associated with K-State. It makes sense why K-State would hire him, it won't make them title contenders, just as not hiring him will have little to no impact on what happens at the U.

My man; members of the media took issue with the same scribe repeatedly coming up with "private insight one too many times. It was obviously leaked to said individual.

Or maybe they had cultivated a relationship. That's part of the job for a columnist.

Or maybe they had cultivated a relationship. That's part of the job for a columnist.

Kill was strategically releasing medical info when it appeared to benefit him i.e. after embarrassing loses ect. Plus, my personal belief is he chose to retire when he did (500 record) versus at the end of the season and have a sub 500 record as coach. The columnist? I don't feel bad for any of them because they lack the intestinal fortitude to say any of what I just publicly. They do plenty of talking privately though.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but I don't see hiw you can know if you're right. That confirms my suspicion that some of you seem to have latent bias vs Kill for various reasons. He's shifty, he's not high society, he doesn't speak well, he comes from a humble background, he's overly sensitive to criticism, he's political, maybe even his skin color for the wackjobs.

All fair points. But none of that supports the idea he was calling around to various journalists. Especially after a seizure...you dont think his health status is a "get" story?

Top Bottom