Shooter channels Hodger

Rouser

Reaction score
tip o the cap to Hodger..... in todays PP..

The Gophers men's basketball team's nonconference schedule this season is rated toughest in the Big Ten, according to RPI power rankings

Ha. Is there any doubt that he took it directly from here? SS should get $.01 for every PP sold that day. He might get $10.

Selection Sunday is the best college B-ball mind writing in the Twin Cities, at least for pure statisitcal breakdown.

If I were an editor at one of the papers, I would talk to him about doing a bubble watch feature in the two or three weeks building up to the actual Selection Sunday. The bubble watch has been hugely informative for me considering I have trouble with perspective outside the Big Ten.

Thank you. The bubble watch (starting roughly the 2nd week of February) is my favorite part of the college basketball season; I have always been fascinated by it. I would enjoy it more if the Gophers weren't so often in the bubble conversation. This season I'll be disappointed if we're still having to address the Gophers being on the bubble in late February.

Thank you. The bubble watch (starting roughly the 2nd week of February) is my favorite part of the college basketball season; I have always been fascinated by it. I would enjoy it more if the Gophers weren't so often in the bubble conversation. This season I'll be disappointed if we're still having to address the Gophers being on the bubble in late February.

Thanks for doing that. I really enjoy it.

May I presume you loved the Dan Monson era, then? He rarely had Gophers on the NCAA bubble.

Quite the contrary, BNOT. The Gophers' history with the bubble (some good, some bad) pre-dates Dan Monson back to Clem the Gem, but I wouldn't expect you to know that because before Tubby came here you were off sniffing his jock in Tulsa, Athens and Lexington.

For the record, probably three of Monson's teams were bubble teams, 2001-02, 2002-03 and 2004-05. The 2001-02 and 2002-03 teams choked big-time down the stretch (especially 2001-02), while the 2004-05 team did the exact opposite, winning 5 straight before losing to eventual runner-up Illinois in a tightly contested Big Ten Tournament semifinal.

My expectation with Tubby from here forward is the words "Minnesota" and "bubble" will no longer be synonomous on Selection Sunday. Teams that finish in the top 4 (and sometimes 5) of the Big Ten generally aren't having to sweat out Selection Sunday like the Gophers have the last two seasons.

Top Bottom