Shannon Brooks?

I would be shocked. It would be like anti-teddy news.

He may be ready but do we really want him to play and risk it? I say let him rest a couple more weeks. We're fine for now at the RB spot.

There's no way. Smoke screen from the staff.

He might dress but my guess is he's out until CSU.

I would rather he rest as long as he can since the 9 game B10 schedule will be grueling and (hopefully) we don't need him these first couple games. Get to the bye week without a setback, get some reps in the CSU game and be 100% (or as close to it as possible for PSU. Sounds like a tough kid and a gamer.

I just want him to do what is best for being fully healed. There is nothing worse than not fully healing and suffering in the future.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If we can't win this game without Brooks our season is already over. Let him rest and come back 100% rather than having to play hurt.

He may be ready but do we really want him to play and risk it? I say let him rest a couple more weeks. We're fine for now at the RB spot.

This. No reason to rush him back. I suspect TC is employing a bit of gamesmanship as well. I remember the Wisc game two years ago...Kill did the same thing in reverse with Cobb...not ready but then goes in for first series.

If we can't win this game without Brooks our season is already over. Let him rest and come back 100% rather than having to play hurt.

Claeys quote in the story makes it sound like they will play him if he is cleared but I would agree with you that he shouldn't play unless he is 100% or if the team needs him to win the game.

Is Oregon State that bad?

The numbers that we have available would say yes, they lost their games against P5 competition by an average of 25 ppg last year. Perhaps worse than Purdue in 2015, and we beat them by a healthy margin, on the road.

Of course, no one knows how much they'll improve in year two under Andersen and truly where we'll be in year 1.5 under Claeys, and the opening-game factor has to be taken into account (are we prepared enough? Can we avoid mental errors?).

If Minnesota is a 7-9 win team, and Oregon State is a 3-5 win team, the Gophers should win this game pretty easily. But really who knows?

Claeys quote in the story makes it sound like they will play him if he is cleared but I would agree with you that he shouldn't play unless he is 100% or if the team needs him to win the game.

He won't be cleared.

I too hope that Brooks can rest a few weeks.
Do not underestimate the Beaves. They have some athletes and the new QB could be good.

No one knows. It's the first game. But even if they are better than last year, if we can't beat them with brooks out you really think we can get to 8+ wins this year?

In the same respect as we don't know about osu I think it's possible we could need brooks and still be a much better team down the road and win 8 given our schedule and propensity for a hot/cold qb/passing game.

2-10 last year, lost games by 25 point average. No real areas of marked improvement this year.

They played 7 teams that won 8 or more games last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They played 7 teams that won 8 or more games last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what? They had arguably the worst combo of offensive and defense in BCS.

He's not going to play...just a little motivation for the team and fan base to show what the players are willing to do to win. We are loaded at running backs and we'll rack up at least 180 total rushing yards tomorrow night and dominate TOP so let the kid rest, let the fans celebrate and let us on this forum speculate a little more about what this magical season might hold in store for us....UM 34 The Beavs 20

Top Bottom