Shaming Jerry Kill

killme

Reaction score
This is my first post since getting the news Wednesday morning. While I'm reading some things on GH, I'm still pretty depressed. Selfishly, JK made following football fun with everything he did: his style, his humor, his class, dedication, his butchering of English, his twang, his passion, and the stubborn refusal to waiver from his principles. And, a much longer list of superlatives. But, mostly my heart aches for him and I won't give up hope that he'll be back, for both of our sakes.

I've seen quite a few things that surprisingly haven't been shared on GH. This is one: http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/10/shaming-jerry-kill/

This is my first post since getting the news Wednesday morning. While I'm reading some things on GH, I'm still pretty depressed. Selfishly, JK made following football fun with everything he did: his style, his humor, his class, dedication, his butchering of English, his twang, his passion, and the stubborn refusal to waiver from his principles. And, a much longer list of superlatives. But, mostly my heart aches for him and I won't give up hope that he'll be back, for both of our sakes.

I've seen quite a few things that surprisingly haven't been shared on GH. This is one: http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/10/shaming-jerry-kill/

Consider the source. If he could only write it would be easier for us to read his articles.

Go Gophers

Look, there is always going to be that guy.

Sports media in particular is full of folks who will say anything provided it creates radio listeners, clicks, twitter followers. The question is does reading that stuff really get you anything?

There are a lot of local media guys who I used to read or listen to but long since past have they dropped any effort when it comes to quality writing, providing interesting perspectives... nor do they seem to actually have developed any sources or have any insight (although the number of folks claiming to have sources seems to have skyrocket, but not the quality or reliability of the information).

Sports media is largely all about the viewers at any cost, and for the most part that goes hand in hand with being pretty much useless to anyone who is looking for anything like good information or insight.

So why spend your time on those guys? Even when it is about your team... don't post links to their tweets, don't follow them, don't read their garbage, because really what does any of that get you?

Spend time on what you think is quality journalism.

Reusse, like some other columnists in this town have some issues with the need to start "stuff" This guy writes things so people will talk about him and maybe listen to his dying radio show. And then in reaction to any push back, he insults the same people he wants to profit off of. I hope everyone is smart and forgets this loser exists.

Just so people are clear. The link is to a blog by Bob Collins. He has written very positive articles about Jerry Kill praising him as not only a coach, but also as a caring, giving person. He's critical of Ruesse somewhat and Souhan a lot. From some the comments, I'm not sure everyone read the link.
Evidently, Ruesse the Prick is a bit peeved because people just don't understand him. Poor prick--dishes it out but can't take it.

Top Bottom