Shama: U Football Season May Need “Hail Mary”

Doctors have not found an effective therapy.
States are renting refrigerated trucks to hold the bodies because the morgues are filled.
Viruses do not "weaken" they may mutate to become less infective. This one mutated to become more infective.
We all have some immunity to corona viruses that cause the common cold. That DOES NOT protect us against this corona virus.
It takes 65-75 % of the population to be infected or vaccinated to have 'herd immunity;. Sweden is far, far from that.
Tell the physicians in TX, AZ or FL that this is just a bad flu season.
You are trying the Himmler technique of telling lies often enough that they will eventually be believed.
Bolded: if enough people want to believe a lie, and just need someone to say it aloud to pull the lever in their minds ... there are people who are happy and take joy in filling that role.

Doctors have not found an effective therapy.
States are renting refrigerated trucks to hold the bodies because the morgues are filled.
Viruses do not "weaken" they may mutate to become less infective. This one mutated to become more infective.
We all have some immunity to corona viruses that cause the common cold. That DOES NOT protect us against this corona virus.
It takes 65-75 % of the population to be infected or vaccinated to have 'herd immunity;. Sweden is far, far from that.
Tell the physicians in TX, AZ or FL that this is just a bad flu season.
You are trying the Himmler technique of telling lies often enough that they will eventually be believed.

Outside of the refrigerated trucks line these are not facts, these are wrong or unproven hypotheses. Everything on this list is either untrue or unproven for SARS COV2. You're as bad as the deniers with the last line.

People on this board can argue and insult each other until heck freezes over, and it will have no effect on whether there is a Gopher football season or not.

Because the people on this board will not be making those decisions.

If you do want Gopher football to be played this year, then like it or not, you need to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and do everything you can to help prevent the virus from spreading. because that is the only thing that might impact the ultimate decision - getting the numbers down and soon.

You may not believe in masks. you may not believe in the virus. but if you want to see the gophers play this year, then you have to ask yourself, what is more important - defending your beliefs or having a Gopher football season.

That decision is going to be made in a matter of weeks. and the clock is ticking.

People on this board can argue and insult each other until heck freezes over, and it will have no effect on whether there is a Gopher football season or not.

If you do want Gopher football to be played this year, then like it or not, you need to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and do everything you can to help prevent the virus from spreading. because that is the only thing that might impact the ultimate decision - getting the numbers down and soon.

You may not believe in masks. you may not believe in the virus. but if you want to see the gophers play this year, then you have to ask yourself, what is more important - defending your beliefs or having a Gopher football season.

That decision is going to be made in a matter of weeks. and the clock is ticking.

Whether I wear a mask will have zero impact on whether there’s a Gopher football season. Whether THEY wear masks and practice social distancing may matter. BTW, California has had a state wide mask mandate for over a month (longer in the big cities), and their numbers are soaring.

Whether I wear a mask will have zero impact on whether there’s a Gopher football season. Whether THEY wear masks and practice social distancing may matter. BTW, California has had a state wide mask mandate for over a month (longer in the big cities), and their numbers are soaring.
A mandate guarantees people actually wear the masks?

His point was that people actually need to wear the mask, not that there needs to be a mandate.

Outside of the refrigerated trucks line these are not facts, these are wrong or unproven hypotheses. Everything on this list is either untrue or unproven for SARS COV2. You're as bad as the deniers with the last line.
Doctors have made progress on therapies. But as his point was, and is correct, no one has found a way to prevent someone from dying, obviously. That was what Rodent was basically lying about.

Here is a good summary of scientific progress on therapies: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-drugs-treatments.html

Sounds like it's falling apart for the NFL. Doesn't bode well for college if the pros can't figure it out. Maybe we will have a few weeks of MLB/NBA at least.

Not saying they won't work it out. But if they haven't even agreed on the basics, it's not going to start on time.
Wild speculation that I'm making up out of thin air: TV execs and owners are concerned about the "value" of the product, if top name brand players either choose to opt-out or randomly are out of action due to covid, for a big matchup.

There is no solution for that. You either all agree to take a bit out of the turd sandwhich, or there is nothing.

Completely unenforced and widely unfollowed by the groups of people driving the current exponential rise in cases.

Thank God for that.

Completely unenforced and widely unfollowed by the groups of people driving the current exponential rise in cases.

That may be true, but there doesn’t appear to be a strong correlation between mask usage and the numbers of infections, hospitalizations and deaths. I’m not suggesting masks don’t work, but the numbers are what they are.

What are your facts about curative treatment, resistance to Covid19 from the common cold, just another influnza season and herd immunity anywhere?

That may be true, but there doesn’t appear to be a strong correlation between mask usage and the numbers of infections, hospitalizations and deaths. I’m not suggesting masks don’t work, but the numbers are what they are.

There is no possible way to count or determine mask usage. Raw number or percentage.

Laws/rules don't work when 30% + of the public are willing to openly defy them. That's not a red or blue thing either.

Based on what method of "counting"? Surveillance video? Satellite? Guy on news channel? Neighbor says?

Same group of "statisticians" that say 10,000 people are at an event that there are no more than 500-600?

Your favorite source! Has he tied pot use to the pandemic yet?

That seems less than scientific data. Regardless of the veracity of that data, hispanic culture is high on multigenerational households and family gatherings which are deadly, unfortunately.

What are your facts about curative treatment, resistance to Covid19 from the common cold, just another influnza season and herd immunity anywhere?

JFC. Nice re-qualification of your false statements. Do some research. Nobody is certain about anything. Knowledge is evolving, treatment is improving which is inarguable.

Based on what method of "counting"? Surveillance video? Satellite? Guy on news channel? Neighbor says?

Same group of "statisticians" that say 10,000 people are at an event that there are no more than 500-600?
I'm speaking generally. We can't realistically enforce laws that a significant % of the population won't follow. There simply isn't capacity for it. It's the same for things like internet gambling, pot etc. It's also why the cops won't pull you over for going 5 over the speed limit.

That said, we can all observe mask use in the stores when we shop. It certainly isn't anywhere close to 100% anywhere I've been.

The irony is that the conservative tribe who refuse to wear masks and pretend it’s all a hoax, are the ones who are prolonging the pandemic and the bad economy, all the way to the election.

If they had complied at a much higher rate, we’d probably be closer to how Europe is now.

Yes, it is quite interesting to watch a political party whose only claim to be reelected was a booming economy do everything they can to thwart efforts to defeat the virus that is wrecking the economy.

That seems less than scientific data. Regardless of the veracity of that data, hispanic culture is high on multigenerational households and family gatherings which are deadly, unfortunately.
FWIW - Rate of multigenerational households is actually higher (at about the same rate) in every ethnicity except white.

I am of the belief college football. won’t be played this fall. However, the last person I would listen to or get a comment from on any subject is Michael Hsu.

Yes, it is quite interesting to watch a political party whose only claim to be reelected was a booming economy do everything they can to thwart efforts to defeat the virus that is wrecking the economy.
Look man it's just a hoax.... er I mean if we can just somehow gets some light inside the body... or maybe the heat of the summer will kill it ... well I'm sure it is someone else's job ... we should blame China (unless they help me get elected...)... yeah let's blame the health officials!

Top Bottom