Shama on U WRs: That has to be considered a recruiting failure and it’s uncertain how the receiver roster gets fixed in the offseason.

We have a “young” WR Corpse and a QB that is relegated on occasion to telegraph a unidimensional pass play.

Experience or not, if it is not working change it. It falls on the coaches and the experienced QB.

IMHO, we need motion to keep the defense honest and more RPO pass plays with high percentage passes. We don’t see many slants or passes to the wide open middle.

If you don’t stretch the field against Iowa or Wisconsin, you are doomed.

We have two games that will define this season. Let’s hope for the best.

I have yet to figure out why Boyd's redshirt was burned. He never set foot on the field
against Iowa, I think given the opportunity he could be a productive receiver.
This year has been a mystery for sure.

The coach who cannot talk to the player and show him how to grow into a good team guy is failing.
By limiting his playing time due to his actions the coaches are talking to him and showing how to grow into a good team guy....some players take longer than others to get the message.

But I get that it is easier for some to just assume it is Fleck on some ego trip and that is why Wright isn't playing. Because it totally makes sense that a coach would want to punish a player he hand picked from the portal for no good reason....yep...that tracks.

I have yet to figure out why Boyd's redshirt was burned. He never set foot on the field
against Iowa, I think given the opportunity he could be a productive receiver.
This year has been a mystery for sure.
I'm guessing it was burned somewhat out of necessity with all the WR injuries that have taken place over the course of the season. Credit to Boyd that they felt he was the best option of the guys on the roster to fill in.

By limiting his playing time due to his actions the coaches are talking to him and showing how to grow into a good team guy....some players take longer than others to get the message.

But I get that it is easier for some to just assume it is Fleck on some ego trip and that is why Wright isn't playing. Because it totally makes sense that a coach would want to punish a player he hand picked from the portal for no good reason....yep...that tracks.
It indeed does not track. I was barking up the wrong tree. It happens.

You don't bring in 5-10 WR's who are more highly ranked than what we typically had the last 30 years of Gopher football (along with two fine pass catching TE's) and miss on all of them.

Especially with a WR coach who had gotten people to the NFL before.

This is an problem with someone else.

You don't bring in 5-10 WR's who are more highly ranked than what we typically had the last 30 years of Gopher football (along with two fine pass catching TE's) and miss on all of them.

Especially with a WR coach who had gotten people to the NFL before.

This is an problem with someone else.

Sevent five percent of gopherholers have identified the problem

Only way Sanford is not the OC at the start of 2022:

- he gets hired somewhere else .... but who would? And would he really want to leave his buddy and true-believer PJ Fleck?

- we lose to IU something like 7-35

I don't want the latter. No one does. There is still hope of something this season.

If we lose to Wisconsin badly ... well, that was a tough team. Rivalry game. Etc.

And you can already see the bowl game setting up to be a lower game, and thus guys opting-out, so can't fault coaches for that.

Next year could be setting up to be a regression. New QB. New OL. We will see. But if that season is going to be more like 6-6, then that's the year to can Sanford.

• Once a cobra bit Jack Gibbens’ leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
  • Jack Gibbens once won a game of Connect Four in three moves.
  • Jack Gibbens can play the violin with a piano.
  • Jack Gibbens cooks 10 minute brownies in 4.6 seconds cause that's his 40 time.
  • Captain Morgan is named after Captain Jack Gibbens.
  • Jack Gibbens is not from Texas, but is an alien being sent to provide us with elite LB play.

Only way Sanford is not the OC at the start of 2022:

- he gets hired somewhere else .... but who would? And would he really want to leave his buddy and true-believer PJ Fleck?

- we lose to IU something like 7-35

I don't want the latter. No one does. There is still hope of something this season.

If we lose to Wisconsin badly ... well, that was a tough team. Rivalry game. Etc.

And you can already see the bowl game setting up to be a lower game, and thus guys opting-out, so can't fault coaches for that.

Next year could be setting up to be a regression. New QB. New OL. We will see. But if that season is going to be more like 6-6, then that's the year to can Sanford.
He resigns for Family Reasons or gets fired - everyone saves face.

Top Bottom