Shama: Name Game Starts on Next U Coach (Fleck, Sumlin, Schiano, Harsin)

If he comes here and succeeds, he can also get one of those jobs if he is inclined. Tubby nearly went to UVa (and probably had other offers) in his time here. Plus he can play off the family angle pretty easily.

Agreed. He turns this mess round quickly and he will be in a much, much better position than riding A&M out to get fired.

If he comes here and succeeds, he can also get one of those jobs if he is inclined. Tubby nearly went to UVa (and probably had other offers) in his time here. Plus he can play off the family angle pretty easily.

Yea and if he comes here and fails he's done. Its a high risk, no reward scenario for him

Don't get it wrong, I would be ecstatic if he came here, just don't see the reasoning on Sumlin's side.

He is the Chair of the Board of Regents. That's why.

But this is the problem. Is the Chair of the Board of Regents going to be hiring the new coach? Dean has become a major league buttinski. His gum-flapping adds nothing to the task at hand. All it does is continue to undercut the people hired to perform the task at hand. We can argue all day whether or not this administration is up to said task, but they certainly don't need a Regent sticking his nose in right now.

But this is the problem. Is the Chair of the Board of Regents going to be hiring the new coach? Dean has become a major league buttinski. His gum-flapping adds nothing to the task at hand. All it does is continue to undercut the people hired to perform the task at hand. We can argue all day whether or not this administration is up to said task, but they certainly don't need a Regent sticking his nose in right now.

The question you should ask then is why did the producer book him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the context in which he dropped Sumlin's name? I can't imagine how that would be helpful if it were realistic which it is not. Weird to comment on a coach under contract at another school in my opinion.

Top Bottom