Shama: Maturi Mum on Names But Here’s a Guess

If you are running the flexbone, it's important to pass at least enough to keep the defense honest. Air Force's one TD against us was when they burned us deep on a pass. It's somewhat inaccurate to call the offense the triple option, as that implies that they run the triple option on every play. Generally, teams actually are running the option play less than half the time.

Maturi has everything under control. He's got a plan and it takes time to see this master plan come forth!

Unfortunately that plan appears to be to drive the football program into the ground.

What a stupid ass quote. If he doesn't have the hire in place right after conf. championship games (if not a bit sooner) can him.

He has zero acumen for handling these situations. His quotes during the process to hire Brewster were both ignorant and damning to the program.

He appears to have learned nothing.

This.
If we do not have a coach by Jan, we are in dire trouble. An early December hire should be the expectation, before the holidays and bowl season.
I have an expectation of the new coach to bring in at least a few quality recruits, to do this the hire needs to be made before Jan.
The listed names are all the right types IMO, Schiano and Edsall worry me, they haven't proven anything but mediocre in a very weak Big East. Nimatalolo also would worry me as I think bringing the Triple Option here could cause mass exodus from the offensive players currently here.
Calhoun, Golden, Hoke, Mendenhall, Sumlin, and Mullen are all great candidates.

First week past Brewster and I mentioned the name Bronco Mendenhall. I was laughed at on this board. He may be better than Sumlin and Hoke. The young man is a good football mind. He hasn't had the easiest year in Utah. But, the second half of the season has shown a good streak of W's.

Some things going for Bronco. His contract is old, and the buyout is relatively small. He turned around a losing season and made it into a winning season. Enough said. He has a very young team this year. He coaches the team up. Is this not the kind of guy we need now?

January?

Last week during the board meetings to hire the new president, there were people in the know that would not say who was the candidate, but through their innuendos they made it sound that they were very close to a hire, but they wanted to have the new prez get his press last week. That does make sense to me. Hiring a FB coach would have dwarfed the coverage. I suspect that a coach would be hired in the next few weeks. Other people have already said it, the leg work should already be done, so what would drag the process along so far. They need to get a coach that will come after the regular season. we can't wait until after bowl season.

Disclaimer (I have a low post count) :)

Top Bottom