Shama: Kill Invaluable to Gophers AD Search

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

There are two individuals at the University of Minnesota who should have the most say in who becomes the next athletic director—president Eric Kaler and Gophers football coach Jerry Kill.

Kaler and a few others hired Norwood Teague for the job three years ago. Teague was a poor choice and his flaws were seen long before he became a national news story because of sexual harassment. A trusted source told Sports Headliners that no one in the small group who finalized the hire of Teague was a University of Minnesota coach.

That is an error in judgment which can’t be repeated in hiring Teague’s successor. Kaler and other academics need a small number of administrators and coaches from the athletic department’s 25 sports to lend expertise and balance to the vetting process. A couple of the best and brightest from the athletic department should be part of the inner circle making the final selection. An extraordinary business person with expertise in athletics, hiring, fundraising and marketing is a must-have member, too.

Could you imagine a search committee comprised only of Gophers coaches and athletic administrators selecting the school’s next president? With no representatives from the academic world, the makeup of such a group would make no sense.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

lol. Now they admit what the Enlightened have known for years.

But! The flaw here is Kill can't be the point man in the decision. He is flawed in some of the ways (not the disgusting treatment of women) that Teague is. I want someone intelligent and REAL. Najarian.

I will agree with this qualifier, no one coach should only be involved in the screening the new AD process. It should be a group of coaches within the department, Kill, makes sense as the head of the most high profile sport, the baseball coach Anderson for tenure and knoweldge of the U, Brad Frost for success, and Softball coach Allister, again for success of those womens program and seeking out a balance of the spectrum of voices in the department. Ultimately they have to work with all of these coaches so you need different perspectives to assess the right boss in the end. Ultimately it is Kaler's and his representatives call's but he would be wise to seek out from the existing coaches what would be a good fit for Minnesota.

Lots of people praised the 95 person or whatever deal they had last time. So sad

In what world would you essentially allow people to pick their own boss? Shama making no sense as usual...

I really like Kill and am grateful that he is our football coach. However, the head football coach, no matter who it is, should never be allowed to pick the AD.

In what world would you essentially allow people to pick their own boss? Shama making no sense as usual...

I and a few co-workers were on the interview committee to hire my boss. Not that strange.

But! The flaw here is Kill can't be the point man in the decision. He is flawed in some of the ways (not the disgusting treatment of women) that Teague is. I want someone intelligent and REAL. Najarian.

I just hope President Kaler is enlightened enough to to ask your input in the hiring process. With all your insider knowledge and insight you would be invaluable in getting the hire right.

Speaking of flawed, do you realize that is you?:blah::blah::blah:

When the HC of Football and MBB make 4 times as much as the AD...getting their input would make total sense. The talent is where the money goes and the talent is where the money comes from.

Wow, just can't wait to imply a judgement about Kills disability can you? Yes, you can easily see your disgusting judgements about Kill all over the board and in particularly in this sad post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes sense to have Kill in the decision but lets not add to his schedule during the football season please!!!!!! I have no doubt he is busy and stressed enough without having to block off time to sit through interviews.

did they ask Kevin Garnett who the next Head Coach should be?
Michael Jordan?
LeBron?
Coach K who the next Duke AD should be?

If you have an All-Star and want to keep them happy. You should at least run it by them. I think Kill is deserving of a look see in the process.

Last Big Ten Coach heavily involved in an AD search chose himself. Barry Alvarez :)

Top Bottom