Shama: Fewer than 1,000 tix remain for Iowa; Neb sold out; SJSU will exceed W Ill

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

David Benedict, the Gophers’ deputy athletic director, said fewer than 1,000 tickets remain for Minnesota’s home Big Ten opener with Iowa on September 28. The Nebraska game at TCF Bank Stadium on October 26 is sold out. Benedict said attendance for tomorrow’s game with San Jose State will easily exceed last Saturday’s announced attendance of 42,127 for the Western Michigan game. Stadium capacity is 50,805.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Awesome! Hoping the student section brings the noise again tomorrow! They were great last Saturday!

per Shama:

David Benedict, the Gophers’ deputy athletic director, said fewer than 1,000 tickets remain for Minnesota’s home Big Ten opener with Iowa on September 28. The Nebraska game at TCF Bank Stadium on October 26 is sold out. Benedict said attendance for tomorrow’s game with San Jose State will easily exceed last Saturday’s announced attendance of 42,127 for the Western Michigan game. Stadium capacity is 50,805.

Go Gophers!!

Really hope that the majority of the crowd at the Iowa game is wearing the right colors. Always hated the number of their fans that got into the dome and it was nice in the first few years at TCF where they could not take over like they had previously. A bit concerned that won't be the case this year but holding out hope that our fans are the ones getting the tickets.

Nebraska....yeah I think we know what to expect for that one given the way their fan base travels.

I know of t least 5 people from Nebraska who purchased tickets for SJSU and Nebraska with the two-pack deals who have no intention of attending the game this weekend. Hopefully attendance will be strong, but wanted to point this out. Since the 2-packs were available prior to single game tickets for Big Ten games many Nebraska fans antied up for a 2-pack with no intention of attending the other game. Perhaps those tickets might be recycled through stub-hub or something.

A local NE fan that I'm friends with doesn't think they'll have near the same turnout as two years ago. Hope she's right that it was partially due to it being their first year in the conference.

I do know of plenty of IA 2-pack people though. Ish.

In the meantime, PSU fans aren't exactly snapping up tickets. For example, sections 210 and 211, between the 40's, are only half-sold as of now.

A local NE fan that I'm friends with doesn't think they'll have near the same turnout as two years ago. Hope she's right that it was partially due to it being their first year in the conference.

I do know of plenty of IA 2-pack people though. Ish.

I was actually surprised that the NE turn-out two years ago wasn't greater than it was. There were quite a few empty seats at that game which was surprising.

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Go Gophers!!

Must have fallen asleep for a week.

Latest tweet says less than 300 general and 1000 student tickets left for tomorrows game.

Sorry - don't know how to paste a tweet.

Awesome! Hoping the student section brings the noise again tomorrow! They were great last Saturday!

The athletic department just posted on Facebook that there are less than 1,000 student tickets left for tomorrow's game. Now, if that is less than 1,000 out of 10,000 offered - that remains to be seen. Either way, sounds like a big crowd will be on hand tomorrow..

The athletic department just posted on Facebook that there are less than 1,000 student tickets left for tomorrow's game. Now, if that is less than 1,000 out of 10,000 offered - that remains to be seen. Either way, sounds like a big crowd will be on hand tomorrow..

I'm guessing some student tickets were sold to the general public or were part of the Epiliepsy Foundation giveaway? No way have there been 9,000 student tickets sold.

In the meantime, PSU fans aren't exactly snapping up tickets. For example, sections 210 and 211, between the 40's, are only half-sold as of now.

sorry, but just had to make note of this for some weird reason.....is the only time you ever post on here if the thread/topic is related to tickets or ticket sales? and those posts often contain a distinct level of snarkiness. are you in the ticket broker business? otherwise, i don't really recall you ever actually talking football on this board. i may be remembering wrong, but that is what is feels like. again, sorry. but just something that crossed my mind when i saw you had posted again.

sorry, but just had to make note of this for some weird reason.....is the only time you ever post on here if the thread/topic is related to tickets or ticket sales? and those posts often contain a distinct level of snarkiness. are you in the ticket broker business? otherwise, i don't really recall you ever actually talking football on this board. i may be remembering wrong, but that is what is feels like. again, sorry. but just something that crossed my mind when i saw you had posted again.

Curiosity got me on my long drive to Fargo...that guy/gal virtually posts exclusively on tickets and attendance. Nice spot supadupafly!!!

I know of t least 5 people from Nebraska who purchased tickets for SJSU and Nebraska with the two-pack deals who have no intention of attending the game this weekend. Hopefully attendance will be strong, but wanted to point this out. Since the 2-packs were available prior to single game tickets for Big Ten games many Nebraska fans antied up for a 2-pack with no intention of attending the other game. Perhaps those tickets might be recycled through stub-hub or something.

I think a lot of the two pack non-conference tickets went on sites like Stubhub.

I think a lot of the two pack non-conference tickets went on sites like Stubhub.

Well that wouldn't be too bad then because there are only 139 available on Stubhub right now, looks like it will be a busy day hopefully they have enough food ;)

Top Bottom