Shama: Derrick Engel Out to Prove Doubters Wrong Again

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Derrick Engel knows all about long odds. That’s why he doesn’t hesitate much when talking about the possibility of running at full speed in April despite having ACL surgery only a few months ago.

The 6-foot-2 former Gophers wide receiver from Chaska has been proving football folks wrong for years. Now he’s trying to prove himself again by not only making a quick and complete recovery from a serious knee injury, but also that he is worthy of playing for an NFL team.

Engel started jogging two weeks ago, another step in his rehab and weight programs. His weight dropped to 172 following the ACL surgery that came last December. The knee injury and later surgery caused him to miss the last two regular season Gopher games and the Texas Bowl. Now Engel’s weight is up to 185 pounds and his determination is strong.

“If it doesn’t work out this year I think I am definitely going to give it another year…to fully train and get this knee healthy, and show people what I can do,” Engel told Sports Headliners.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom