Shaka Smart to Marquette

How pathetic desperate is the University of Texas, to be nationally relevant in the sports of football and/or men's basketball?

Jebus Tap dancing Crust

I mean at the end of the day it doesn't matter... if he's truly thinking of leaving Texas on his own accord to come here i don't want him because he belongs in a psych ward.
Did Marquette have Shaka examined by a psychiatrist before making this hire?

Did Marquette have Shaka examined by a psychiatrist before making this hire?
Ha was waiting all day for this post howeda!

You're right on the subject and i think i am too as he is bailing to marquette to avoid a fire however he isn't bailing to a place like MN. He'll likely make a mil a year more there than here and marquette basketball compared to MN basketball is...well...you know. Compared to Texas it isn't a huge downgrade if at all.

So I'm wrong in saying he wouldn't leave...but I'll stick to him needing to be examined if he came here on his own accord. Fair?

You're right on the subject and i think i am too as he is bailing to marquette to avoid a fire however he isn't bailing to a place like MN. He'll likely make a mil a year more there than here and marquette basketball compared to MN basketball is...well...you know. Compared to Texas it isn't a huge downgrade if at all.

So I'm wrong in saying he wouldn't leave...but I'll stick to him needing to be examined if he came here on his own accord. Fair?

I can't see Marquette paying $3M.

You think he’s walking away from $3.5M per year and a $7M buyout for $2M per year? Unless Texas is still agreeing to pay part of it I don’t see how that happens

You think he’s walking away from $3.5M per year and a $7M buyout for $2M per year? Unless Texas is still agreeing to pay part of it I don’t see how that happens
OK.

Texas would have to pay TT somewhere around 15-16 million if they want to buyout his contract.
Peanuts for the richest school and richest set of school sport boosters, in the country.

Yeah, we'll probably know soon enough. Hopefully it is a good fit for both.
Why does he need $3M a year, just because he was making it in Austin?

Is the quality of life in Milwaukee, WI really that different between $2M/year and $3M/year?

I would simply tell him "you wanted to come home and you wanted out of Austin. Porter is ready to come here for $2M. Take it or leave it."

Why does he need $3M a year, just because he was making it in Austin?

Is the quality of life in Milwaukee, WI really that different between $2M/year and $3M/year?

I would simply tell him "you wanted to come home and you wanted out of Austin. Porter is ready to come here for $2M. Take it or leave it."
Not sure why you picked my post to respond.

Top Bottom