Shaka Smart agrees to VCU Extension thru 2023

Told you guys no elite guys would come...#4 or #5 Norwood will get his 4th or 5th choice

Well, at least now I can spend this weekend just watching hockey without the distraction of being excited about our basketball future.

Let's keep it together. This was always a long shot/dream situation. There are plenty of very good candidates, candidates who could be very successful at the U, out there. Just let it play out.

Tubby had 6 years and it was time for a long term plan by Norwood to bring back Gopher basketball to the top tier of the BIG. Time to move on to the future for U of M basketball

Shaka turns down UCLA... i take it he wasnt the guy NT was after?

Brad Stevens has been on top of my list but I really don't see him leaving Butler and Flip and Shaka were both 2nd on my list and it looks like Shaka has made the decison between them easy, Flip it is!

I'm more sad about the end of that thread. I still think it's either Flip or someone not on the radar.

If we really have $3.3 million to burn, offer it to Brad Stevens. If that doesn't work, Flip it is. Any further down the list and Norwood will have whiffed on this.

If we really have $3.3 million to burn, offer it to Brad Stevens. If that doesn't work, Flip it is. Any further down the list and Norwood will have whiffed on this.

Apparently we don't have $3.3 to burn. Mr. Smart signed for $1.5. Damn you RichmondInsider!

Apparently we don't have $3.3 to burn. Mr. Smart signed for $1.5. Damn you RichmondInsider!

That doesn't mean anything. We clearly offered him more than $1.5 million. It obviously wasn't about the money.

Top Bottom